Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Only 156 more days till Burning Man.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Greenblazer-AZ, Mar 22, 2002.

1. Greenblazer-AZ

Greenblazer-AZ 1/2 ton status

Wheather or not you've heard of it, if you haven't been to Burning Man you have no Idea what you're missing. BTW it has nothing to do with Marijuana. Many of you are not going to be interested but I'm sure that some of you will be intrigued enough to go once. Once you go it is highly unlikely that you will want to miss another one. It's not a wheeling event. It's not for the intolerant. If you think diversity is a wonderful thing you might like it. I could write all night and still never come close to describing the experience. Here are a few words that pop into mind: Fun, fantastic, wonderous, spiritual, magical, life changing, unbeliveable, amazing, incredible, awesome, sublime, euphoric. I found myself saying "I can't belive this, it's so incredible" over and over. I heard others make the same comment. If you are not the kind of person that can tolerate freaky weird people of the unexplainable kind, do not go you won't like it. If you do not seriously study the website and pay attention to what it says do not go. If you're interested be prepaired for a wild time. Participation, preperation, and an open mind are requirements
    www.burningman.com

2. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Are there gonna be a bunch of naked female hotties getting it AWN with each other? If so, Wes can go and take pics.

3. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=blue> I have a few words to describe it ............ geef, blow, toot, weed, coke, crack, x, pills, pot, .............

4. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

I'd be willing to go again to see how it's changed... I went my junior year of high school and never was offered more drugs faster in my life and saw some VERY wild stuff.... !! It's probably still about the same basically but everything changes... and that was 8 years ago.....

5. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

So I'm guessing it's not a "little umbrella drinks and hot naked freaks" type of place. Just some "get stoned to the core" type of gig?

Actually, I do know about it, I'm just onto a hot naked freak gig right now because of Wes.

6. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Oh, there was naked freaks all right.... more then I wanted to see. It was interesting to say the least, but some of the stuff that went on there was just weird. It's worth going just to check it out to see it, but I wouldn't ever go personally to be a part of it as like being a participant... like be a part of the things going on.... I'd draw the line there....

7. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Okay, that's it. Next year, let's have the CK5 Invasion of Burning Man!!!!!!!

8. Greenblazer-AZ

Greenblazer-AZ 1/2 ton status

August 26th to September 2ond. Right after the Blazer Bash.

9. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

I rember the Burning Man Festival when it was outside of Fallon Nv. out in the middle of a dry lake bed by Sand Mountain.
    They were Free, WILD and crazy then.
    Sand mountain is a huge 600 foot high sand dune the 4 wheeling is great there. The partys lasted all weekend and were pretty much a run what you brung deal /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

More Comercial nowdazs not as much fun.

The burning man festival got its start on a beach in So Cal.
    Some dude was pissed that his ol lady left him for another guy. He built a effigy of him out of wood and torched it on the beach and threw a party. People thought it was a good idea. And the whole thing grew from there to what it is today.

The black rock desert where they have them now is a awesome place. it is 4x4 Heaven. Its a dry lake bed about 75 miles long . The Thrust II broke the land speed record and the sound barrior there .
    Shoot I'v probabally broken a few speed records there in a 4x4 hauling ass across the lake bed . Also some great hot springs for soakin there . The mouintains have some trails that will challenge the best of rigs. Not to mention the Naked Chicks.
    But i think the groupe sex in front of the fire is a thing of the past.