Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Only I would get this annoyed over scrap metal.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mountainexplorer, Oct 19, 2004.

1. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

Not an hour after I got my huge $25.20 from scrap metal did I go over a block to our rental house where I have a truck parked. Only to find that my 1/2 a bed full of scrap radiators was diminished to only 6 left. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

I've been saving junk radiator cores for over a year now, up until I had a full pickup truck load to bring in all at once. Now, someone decided that they would take half of my scrap for themselves.

Not that stolen radiator cores is a big deal, but it's annoying thinking that I could have brought them in at any time, but I was intentionally waiting until I had a load... and now I'm back to only 6 cores when I had about 14.

Todays profit: $25.20 scrap steel.
    Todays observed loss: Probably $25-$45 in stolen cores.

At least no one unbolted and robbed the Dana 60 from the truck. I'll be doing that myself this week. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

2. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

At least no one unbolted and robbed the Dana 60 from the truck. I'll be doing that myself this week. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
    and where exactly did you say you lived??? /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

3. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

25-45 in radiators? Your scrap guy is robbing you ha. I'd get more like 50-75 for a truck full of radiators I'd say.

4. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

It was only half of half a load that got taken.

5. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

doh forgot you still have some of it /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif