Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Only I would get this excited over scrap metal

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mountainexplorer, Oct 19, 2004.

1. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

Hauled in 1440 lbs just now. Was expecting the usual penny a pound rate... so $14.40. But no... I got a whopping $25.20!

I'm excited. Scrap is up to 0.0175 a pound! I'm gonna start hauling in more and make it rich! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

2. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

Our total is up to over 10K pounds. a truck load at a time for the past 3 years. I love going, it got so low that it didn't cover the gas to get there,LOL

3. fordcummins1

fordcummins1 1/2 ton status

Man, I feel bad for you guys, out here in IL they are paying an astonishing $225.00 a ton, for sheet iron (misc clean scrap) That price double since the summer, when I hauled scrap as a summer job. Either way, I made a ton hauling scrap everyday, nothing better than gettin paid in cash that Uncle Sam doesnt know about. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

4. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

Damn, next scrap load I need to suck it up and drive across the border, it's still a penny here. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

5. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

i found a little trick at my local scrapyard when i tore apart my K30. the last load i had, i threw some misc crap in there, fenceposts, an old shelf i had in the garage, and a huge box of old black pipe fittings. ended up changing it from "automotive unprepared" to "misc unprepared" i got $30 out of an 800# load, my previous 2 1200# loads made a total of $15. next time i go, im going to do some more digging for unused metal around the house. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

6. clarkjw24

clarkjw24 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I usually take between 3k and 4k and get $80 to $150 for it. I think its at $4/100lb. /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif