Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Only in America...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by thezentree, Mar 17, 2005.

1. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

2. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Same as sueing (sp?) the gun maker for a shooting I guess. I just hope that this will wake some people up and make them realize that the machine is not at fault. That being said, the lady will probably get a ridiculous settlement from a moronic sympathetic judge/jury.

Maybe Caterpillar will countersue for lack of common sense...now that's a charge I'd like to see.

3. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

Looks like the protestor got her values from her parents. Now her parents should go on over "and make a difference" too. Logic is a wonderful thing, some people should use it more instead of making emotional decisions. Personal responsibility is definately lacking in that household....

4. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

That is just God damn retarded!

5. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

I would be surprised if that one ever reaches a jury. Problem with carp lawsuits is that they make the news when filed, but there is little follow up when they are dismissed. They are not nearly as successful as many people think. The lawyer should be publically beaten for filing crap like that.

6. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

That or it will be settled so Cat doesn't have to deal with it. Sad but that happens pretty often too.

7. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

Naw, JUDGES should be publicly beaten for accepting lawsuits like that instead of dismissing them.

8. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

hey zen i figured this was a post you made after that msg I left on your phone lol.

9. thezentree

Hahaha, I wouldn't wish that mental image on anyone.

Ya jackass...:rotfl:

10. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

hahahah, ive scarred you for life.

11. thezentree

QUIT WHORING MY THREAD! :mad:

12. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

i must say this..................neener neener.

13. thezentree

14. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

Yeah their suing the IDF too, real smart. Maybe the Mossad can go pay them a little visit.:blush:

And no it's not quite like suing the gun manufacturers on behalf of a shooting victim, it's like someone who stood IN FRONT OF A GUN AT THE SHOOTING RANGE suing the gun manufacturer. Stupid bitch.:mad:

15. southernspeed

southernspeed 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Well if they sue (?? how the hell is that spelt?) CAT lets hope CAT sue the parents on behalf of the driver (trauma caused by 'those terrible screams that even his walkman couldn't drown out') and on behalf of the medics who had to attend the mess, and on behalf of the guys who had to hose her out of the tracks.

It's not funny that she died...don't get me wrong, but I get sick of these numpties sueing for anything going. Its all B/S.
    If you get shot (and survive)..go after the jerk that shot you. Don't make gun companies scared to make/sell guns!
    If you throw yourself in front of a dirty great CAT you gotta take the consecuences (can't spell that either)

aaargh! some people.
    OK, feel better now.:)

16. hatchetjack

hatchetjack Registered Member

The problem here is ability to pay. Cat has the ability to pay or settle.
    I work for a flatbed trucking company; sometime back we had a driver (at night, in the country, on the downside of a hill) dodge a black bull on the road. The driver was going up the hill and the bull was in his lane and he didn't see it until the last minute. He dodged, and a car came over the top of the hill and hit our truck, killing the driver of the car. Matters not that the bull was in the road, and had a history of getting out of the fence and in the road. Out truck was where it shouldn't hqve been.
    We were sued for $22 million. Ultimately, they settled for $750,000. Our recourse is to sue the owner of the bull. Now, here's a man that has less than one acre, no family, and a house that probably doesn't even keep the wind out. So, we sue him and get a big settlement. So what?? He can't pay, doesn't have anything worth taking, and certainly couldn't pay for our legal costs even though we'd be certain to win. Bottom line is, we lose even if we win. Its that way with Cat also. Even if they sue and win, there's an excellent chance they would never get enough to overcome the cost of getting a judgement.

17. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

I can understand the desire for accountability, especially if you have children and one is killed. The focus however should be on the operator that ran her over and working with the Israeli government to get to the truth. You also need to recognize your own child's behavior and how it contributed to the incident. It takes two to tango.

I see no argument for suing CAT except for some type of revenge/justification.

18. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

How about we take the judge, the prosecutor and the dumba$$ parents and have them all publicly beaten?

Oh and it's consequences by the way.:p:

19. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

why not sue the government... arguement being, she/he/it went through the public school system and came out a moron. All the governments fault. $10,000,000,000 settlement! w00t!

j

20. thezentree

Then we sue the judicial system for misusing our taxes.