Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Only wimps have seasonal allergies

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 8_YOUR_H2, Jun 2, 2002.

1. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

Thats how I feel today. We went off roading last night and I am so sick today I can hardly type. We were going through some 4' tall grass/weeds, dust...etc and I had to break out the rescue inhaler. I have to start getting 3 shots a week for the next YEAR my allergies are so bad. I take Zyrtec and Flonase now and they dont help my serious outbreaks. The allergist said I am allergic to "all things green" dogs, cats, molds, dust and feathers...over 25 things I am allergic to

EXCEPT FOOD!!! thank god!

sorry had to cry somewhere my wife is sick of hearing it!

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Sorry to hear it...

I'm allergic to a few things, mostly housework./forums/images/icons/smile.gif Seriously I am allergic to dust, and mildy allergic to cats.

Good luck fighting your way through allergy season!

Rene

3. AGM73k5

AGM73k5 1/2 ton status

I used to have nasty allergies and I didn't like how the benadryl etc. made me feel. I took some quercetin/nettle "dietary supplements" from a health food store and they cleared everything up after a few days. No side effects either /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

4. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=blue> Allergies can be wicked ! Some friends of mine have them and they can get pretty wrecked by them .

5. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

I'm just like you, too. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif Allergic to seasonal crap. I also have asthma, too. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif And yeah, I use an inhaler for asthma.

I take Allegra for the allergies and Singulair for the asthma. Both help very much. My wife can tell when I have been taking the pills or not as she says when I don't take them, I wheeze while sleeping. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

6. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

Take a tablespoon full of locally made honey in the mornings as soon as you wake up - it helps tremendously. I've had allergies kicking my ass for years, and it's about the only thing that really settles them.

7. potato76

potato76 1/2 ton status

HERBAL ALLERGY MEDICINE ALWAYS WORKS FOR ME AND FAST.tHEY HAVE IT AT THE LOCAL STORES.

8. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

That happens to me a lot too... I've never been to an allergist and have always just assumed I didn't need to, but I've noticed lately by doing more yard work, I get a runny nose all day, my head buzzes a little, etc.

Unlike you, though, I think I AM allergic to a lot of food... Some stuff I eat can wreck me, anything with any kind of fatty oil. If I eat it, my face feels like it's swollen and numb, and I get really bad heartburn... Real wierd stuff. It's a B*tch trying to go to lunch with friends when I know I'll just end up with either a salad or bread!!

I think you've inspired me to look into seeing an allergist!

9. lifted95z71

lifted95z71 1/2 ton status

you shouls see a nutritionist (a real one not a fly by night one) or an herbalist (same). nutrition and supplements are way better than medicine. i used to be allegic to everything til i wised up to non-traditional medicine. now im fit as a fiddle. i never take prescription or non prescription drugs anymore and ive never been healthier. try www.usana.com. thier supplements arent cheap at all but they are pure unlike that crap you buyin grocery stores. most dr. will tell you im an idiot but that because if everyone lived like me they woule go broke.

10. DUKE

DUKE 1/2 ton status

I feel ya. I have 30plus allergies, but atfer a year of the shots nothing really bothers me too much, after a little exsposure time.