Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Oooo Shiny! More progress

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Brians89K5, Apr 13, 2006.

1. Brians89K5

Brians89K5 1/2 ton status

So... Was at a local aftermarket shop that has piles and piles of old cool stuff you don't see much anymore and I just had to buy it.... It was the polish aluminum effect... I was stragely drawn towards the bling. :D Also, here are some pictures of more progress I have made on bertha. All I have left to do is install my shocks, brake lines, master cylindar, bleed the brakes and I can drive.... Then all Ill have left is to find a winch to mount, fab up the rest of the mounting hardware for my bumper, install and wire my roof rack and my lights paint and then she'll be ready for me to start on the interior.... Whew... Doesn't seem to stop!

BTW, anyone know a winch that will fit in between the front frame rails? I want to mount the winch upside down and up out of the way. Enjoy the pics!

~Brian

Misc Pictures 011.jpg

Misc Pictures 016.jpg

2. k5 krawler 50

k5 krawler 50 1/2 ton status

looks good, a little bling is cool i think,, i have some shiny stuff on my k5 too. As for the winch between the rails, search under DPI or DP_90K5, he built bumpers with patroit winches and they were between the rails. I dont know the model of the top of my head but one that comes to mind is the 12000 re.. hope that helps.

3. Brians89K5

sweet dude thanks. I also have a chevy bow tie emblem rear view mirror I have yet to mount you can kinda see it in the backround on the dashboard. I like tastefull bling.

~Brian

4. k5 krawler 50

k5 krawler 50 1/2 ton status

i've been looking for a chevy bow tie mirror like that, where did you score that? That thing is cool.

5. Brians89K5

only one place I know of. GM was asking too much for royalties so they didn't sell well. They are pricey though. If you want one IM sure I can figure something out for you. The guy who has em doesn't ship.

~Brian

~Brian