Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

oops i set my buddy's FJ 40 on fire!!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by unick, Oct 6, 2003.

1. unick

unick 1/2 ton status

oops i set my buddy\'s FJ 40 on fire!!!

So Im home on leave and my buddy Jerry picked up a FJ while I was out on cruise. So me and my brother Martin took it and Martins dirt bike out the the flats to have some fun. Martin showed me all the little quirks that the truck had and let me go on my way. Let me tell you this thhing is awsome. It has a 350 in it with gobbs of power. If you hit the gas hard enough the front tires lift about 3 inches off the ground. So Im bouncing around some mud and ruts and I hear a popping noise. So I look back and see the battery spouting sparks and smoke(which is held in the truck by coat hangers) which is next to the gass tank the leaks and is also held on with hangers. So I jump out and grab the gas tank and get it away from the truck so it wouldnt blow up and then start messing with the fire. I tryed to blow it out because I didnt have any water or a fire extinguisher. That didnt work so then I went took the key all the way out of the truck and that did work. Then I start looking at the battery cable and it was welded to the body. Those idiots just drilled a hole the the bed and put the wire through the hole. There was nothing protecting the cable from getting messed up. So I start walking back the the base and of course its like 3 miles away. I could barly see Martins Jimmy. Then I get a call from my brother and hes telling me to get back to base and that I shouldnt be that far away. I told him what happened and he came and got me. So then we fixed the cable and kept playing. But everyone was still pissed at me.

Moral of the story build your truck well or dont get mad at other people when your crappy work causes a problem. Or just dont let anyone else use it. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

Re: oops i set my buddy\'s FJ 40 on fire!!!

they didn't even put a rubber grommet on the hole /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

3. unick

unick 1/2 ton status

nope just cable and sharp metal rubbing against each other.

4. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

and they didn't see that coming /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

5. unick

unick 1/2 ton status

no they are stupid . but my brother is a ceritfied desil mechanic