Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Oops my 12 bolt crapped it's pants!

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by juanblzer, Jan 5, 2005.

1. juanblzer

juanblzer 1/2 ton status

-paul harvey voice-
    And now for the rest of the story...

Alright, as many of you know I have a blazer (using that term pretty loosley) that is pretty much a daily driver. Recently, I got my grandad's 2wd 1970 c-10 longbed running and it is now being used for winter duty (it's been raining and snowing pretty good up here).

To make a long story short, I was driving in a neighborhood looking at some houses for sale and I hear a big bang. I get out to see if it was merely a u-joint but to my horror gear oil is dumping everywhere and the pin? is sticking out of the rear diff cover. I don't have the time to tear into it or replace the gears etc. I don't have the money to spend a lot of dough on the rear axle.

My question:
    Does anyone have any leads on a complete rearend (from a junked c-10) that would bolt in. I don't want to weld or anything like that. I'm pretty much just wanting to bolt in a replacement axle. It has a t350 and coils in the rear.

Any leads?

2. BobK

BobK 1/2 ton status

Petrolia,Ontario,Canada but working in Port Huron,
    Sorry,no leads...just wanted to say "that suck's"

Good luck with the fix though.

3. chevy_muscle

chevy_muscle 1/2 ton status

If you don't already know about it, you should try this site/forum:

http://67-72chevytrucks.com

BTW, I'm looking for a posi 12-bolt for my 69 blazer if anyone knows of where I can get one.

4. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

I am going to be pulling my 12-bolt from my 72 (bolt-in and go)... Open with 3.07's

I also have a 3.42 (I think) 12-bolt sitting in my "yard" from a 74...

PM Me if your interested