Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

oops. Racor filter too large?

Discussion in '1982-Present GM Diesel' started by Pookster, Jul 23, 2004.

1. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

I think I went overboard for my project and got a 900FG 24v heated filter. I thought it was gonna be smaller, but the thing is about 6-8" diameter, and about 14" long!!! 90gph...

Any ideas on where to mount this monstrosity?

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

In the bed?? /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

Rene

3. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

I don't think even John Holmes could have flowed 90gph /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

4. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    In the bed?? /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

Rene

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

So you didn't know the size when you ordered?

/forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

5. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

I knew the size, just seeing it in person doesnt do the picture online any justice. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

And YEs, it is bigger than john holmes... /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif