Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

oops wrong axle-

Discussion in 'Suspension | Axle' started by red77blazer, Feb 15, 2005.

1. red77blazer

red77blazer Registered Member

well i listed this axle as a 14 bolt but I since got it out and it appears to be a dana 70, or possibly a 60 but it looks bigger than my 14 bolt and since it came out of such a big vehicle and was a dually setup i'd say its a 70, I'll try to get a picture of it in the next day or so. It came out of a 72 class e camper with 74k, i'd put it in my truck but i got a 14 bolt that i already put some time into, hmm.. or should i swap it!!!???!!!
    If anybody has any clues to identify it- it has no bolts on the pinion side of the case and other than that im kinda at a loss to be sure. Maybe throw some questions at me and i'll try to answer, i think i'm gonna open it tomorrow or the next day and try and get a picture tomorrow anyways the axle is in sequim wa and the first with a good offer takes it.

full-floater
    4'5" spring perch
    6'11" total width
    roughly 13" brakes
    not sure on the ratio
    is open diff

Last edited: Feb 15, 2005
  2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

14FF [​IMG]

14SF [​IMG]

Dana 70 [​IMG]

Dana 60 [​IMG]

3. red77blazer

red77blazer Registered Member

it looks like the 70 it doesn't have the 2nd hole the 60 shows and its nothing like my 14 bolt, so i'd guess its a 70.