Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Open diff question

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Langosta39, Dec 17, 2002.

1. Langosta39

Langosta39 1/2 ton status

My friend just put an ARB in the rear of his Jeep and now claims that when he locks it that his front end does better becasue there is torque transfer to the tire on the ground even when the other front tire is in the air. I call BS. An open diff will not transfer torque to the tire on the ground, the tire in the air may not be spinning since the rear end is not spinning, but the tire on the ground doesn't get any power. Am I right???

Also, how do I change the stupid "Pavement Pounder" description under my username?

andy

2. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

First your reasonning is right, so he is BSing you but you turned out smarter.
    Second the only way to change that stupid pavement pounder is to have more posts. There is a list of number of posts = name and I think your next is going to be a spotter.
    /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

Yes, you are right about the front diff issue. If what he said was the case...then why buy one locker for the front and one locker for the rear if only one in the rear will do the same purpose. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif An open front diff will act like an open front diff regardless of what's in the rear.

About the pavement pounder....click on FAQ at the top of the page...select "what are these titles for." The description changes with the more posts you have. OR, you can pay $25 a year to be a member *CHEAP* and customize what it says. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif