Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Open mouth, insert foot.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by gjk5, Sep 30, 2005.

1. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

I can't believe that not only this guy said this but that he was the Secretary of Education!!!

"But I do know that it's true that if you wanted to reduce crime, you could, if that were your sole purpose, you could abort every black baby in this country, and your crime rate would go down," said Bennett :eek1: :eek1: :eek1: :eek1: :eek1: :eek1:

Holy crap, I know who the next public whipping boy for Sharpton and Jackson is.(and rightfully so for a change)

Whole article:
    http://www.breitbart.com/news/2005/09/30/D8CUKRH04.html

2. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

3. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

tshirt hell really does have a shirt for all ocations

it is a pritty low thing to say sure black people comit crime, if you were to abort every white child crime would go down too. what a dumb ass11

head in ass.jpg

4. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

i will say that is wrong. but i live in a county with 2 state prisons. and i will say 75% of are crime in this area is from blacks. the other is from whites. sorry to say it but its the truth. if we didnt have the 2 state prisions around hear this county would be 10 x better in the look and comunity of the area. all those people are up hear from the city and just because there man is in jail for a long time thay think thay can live up hear and trash are rental units and other things.

sorry but this just makes me mad. on both ends. if we as a world would just grow up a few years mentaly and think before we act the problems wouldnt be so bad. and to all parents white or black or other your child is a product of there up bringing and if thay live in crap thay will most likly be like that for ever. but if thay live in a good clean house with rules and boundres thay will come out better 99% of the time.

just my opinon take it as you want.

5. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

What he said was stupid, no doubt, but listen to the entire conversation that he was having (I have) and put the remark in context and it makes more sense. He still shouldn't have said it, it was stupid.

6. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

What he said was accurate. But, you could've substituted any race in there and crime would decrease by whatever percentage of crime that race is committing. I understood what he said, but he could've said it better. I also agree you have to listen to the entire conversation to understand the context in which it was said. But the media is having a field day with it.

7. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

I totally agree with you and cbbr, in context his statement did work, and you could insert any race in that spot, but you have to be a real dumbass to A: use black to begin with (unless you're intentionally stirring sh*t) and B: not qualify the statement and make sure the context is clear.

The main reason I posted it was I could not believe a former Secretary of Education would have used an analogy so clumsily, and without clarification.

8. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Why only Sharpton and Jackson???I've once again backspaced more than I have typed trying to convey my thoughts and I'm unable....Too many thoughts too many variables. I hate the introwebulaur type device...:rolleyes:

9. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

While it may look clumsy on the surface, I suspect there are many who will nod their heads in silence. Perhaps it wasn't an accidental slip. Either way, if the hullabaloo keeps up, he could be forced to backpeddle. It will be interesting to see how it ends up.

10. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

I love tshirthell.

11. CyberSniper

CyberSniper 1/2 ton status Premium Member

If he'd said "white babies" nobody would've said anything. That, right there, is just as much of a problem.

12. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

your right brother!babys are babys and kids are kids to me. but if you live up to what you are called then SHUT UP.NOBODY DESERVSE ANYTHING from the government.including whiny white folk.earn it yourself or die......i'm tired of people complaining about what the government didn't do for them. :angry1: :angry1: where is it written that the government has to do ANYTHING for you???????