Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Open or 4 hole carb spacer?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Blazer_Boy, Feb 16, 2003.

1. Blazer_Boy

Blazer_Boy 1/2 ton status

355, stock vortec heads, Performer intake, 600 cfm 4160 holley, .447/.462 210/218 111 LSA cam

Looking for some more crap to spend money on. Thinking about getting a carb spacer. I know the gain will be little, but any gain is appreciated. I can't decide between the 4 seperate hole or one opening spacer. Any one try each? The open one would be interesting because it would allow the both halves of the plenum to be exposed, like the notch on a performer RPM. The 4 hole looks good for low end, but I dont to hurt the topside. Its only in a C15 shortbox that gets driven out on the street. So basically I get to see commuter racing and burning out. haha

2. schmuck

schmuck 1/2 ton status

ive never really noticed a gain from either on the four hole i did see a little bit better gas milage but it was minimal may have been just me but ive tried adapters 4 hole and open never realy saw much gain

3. ZonkRat

ZonkRat 1/2 ton status

Might make diff whether you have single or dual plane intake.Open spacer should help more on top where 4 hole might be better for low end torque. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

4. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

whichever you deside on get a pheonalic(sp?) one. They don't transfer as much heat as the aluminum ones so your carb stays cooler.

5. chulisohombre

chulisohombre 1/2 ton status

the dual plane manifolds are made so that the carb runs either side of the engine independently.so if you do get one i would say the 4 hole one so that the intake still runs the way it was intended to.having the manifold open like that also suck more fuel because the carb always has a constant vaccuum on it because of the now open plenum.i just learned this from a local engine building guru around here.so i will be taking my carb spacer off.with the carb spacer it also takes away low end torque a little but it gives you better top end HP.