Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Open windows with a touch of a button? WTF???

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by sled_dog, May 7, 2004.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

My mom just bought a brand new Nissan Altima, to replace her dying Pontiac Grand Am, anyway the Nissan has a feature where with the remote keyless entry you can open all the windows. Now we sat there for a while and couldn't see anything but bad things in that. She noted "I don't know how many times I set off my panic alarm or open my trunk by accident, now I could potentially leave my car with its windows open? Not like the window thing makes a big noise like the alarm or a loud click like the trunk. Only thing we could figure is that if its really hot and you wanted to air your car out before you got in.

2. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

When my dad was still around and we had our 2003 grand am, he hated the remote because unlike my mom with a purse, he had it in his pocket, so when even he dug for the keys or a lighter he would sometimes press one of the bottons either the trunk would open, or it would set off the panic alarm. He got so mad. Now we have a Toyota Camry ce (2002 I think /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif) instead so it just had the lock/unlock botton, and the panic was on the back recessed in the remote so you have to try to make it go off.

3. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    Only thing we could figure is that if its really hot and you wanted to air your car out before you got in.

[/ QUOTE ]
    that is exactly what that feature is for /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

I have keyless entry on my DD wagon and I've never had a problem with pushing the wrong buttons. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

It'd be nice to have the window option since it's hotter than a mofo here...

5. unick

unick 1/2 ton status

I hAve it on my blazer. I dont have a panick button though. Keyless entry rules!

6. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I kinda like that, but I can see my wife accidentally leaving the windows down all the time. Heck, she does that now without a remote...

I was working on a circuit to do that on my K5 on the back window, using the aux relay from my remote start/Keyless entry module. Can't do a trunk release on a K5, so auto-window was the next best thing.

7. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I never understude the point of keyless intry without a alarm or remote start. I would much reather have a alarm/remote start them keyless intry !! /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif