Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Operatic Metal ?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Resurrection_Joe, Feb 1, 2005.

1. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Nightwish - Nemo

Cool tune, caught the tail end of it on Sirius, so I had to break out my eyepatch and it's great! Female fronted too. Kittie, Opeth, Guano Apes, I love female fronted hard bands

2. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Check out "Alice in Hell" by Annihilator. Very heavy, yet surprisingly melodic.

3. Ruthven13

Ruthven13 1/2 ton status

Nightwish is really good. I suggest you get more. Love your taste in music. If you like electronic I would suggest VNV Nation. And Wolfshiem. You seem like you would like Wolfsheim better.Isn't dark or anything, and not female fronted, but excellent. Give it a try! If you don't like it, so be it.

4. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

RJ, you just moved up a notch in my book.

I had the opportunity to see Nightwish live last year ... oh my GOD, they ROCK. Tarja is one hot little vixen who can truly WAIL ... they did their cover of "Phantom Of The Opera" (the Andrew Lloyd Weber variety, not the Iron Maiden) ... ohhhh, I nearly soaked me skivvies, I tell you.

Female fronted operatic stuff is rare, but check out Rhapsody and Avantasia (frontman from Edguy, just a kid, but DAMN he can sing) ... oh, and Therion. There's some seriously dark twisted Scandanavian weirdness for ya.

-- A

5. 85army tank

85army tank 1/2 ton status

Another band that is in the same line is a band called tristania.they have 3 singers.One Male sings clear One girl sings like opera and a 3rd guy sings real heavy.Most of the time the girl is singing and has a killer voice.They have a real gothic type sound.I have a cd called world of glass by them and there is not a bad song on it.