Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Opinion on 2" body lift (safety)

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by CarolinaBogger, Feb 14, 2002.

1. CarolinaBogger

CarolinaBogger Registered Member

Opinion on 2\" body lift (safety)

I was wondering what ya'll thought about the safety issues of a 2" body lift. I have a 8" lift on now with 38 TSL's and I experience some fender scrubbing. I've thought about trimming my fenders but i'm not sure if that will be enough. I'm concerned about body/frame separation in an accident or durring rough wheeling. What do ya'll think?

<font color=green>"I'm old enough to know better, but I'm still to young to care!"</font color=green>

2. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

Re: Opinion on 2\" body lift (safety)

<font color=purple> Go for it .......... they're safe......besides, it's only 2".

L8r,
    . Riz . <a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/rizmonkey>www.geocities.com/rizmonkey</a>

<font color=purple> monkeys steal my underwear at night

3. dysphemism

dysphemism 1/2 ton status

Mines got a 3. Just make sure to torque the body bushings every 10k or so. They come loose a lot easier than the stock ones. I think a 2 wouldnt even be an issue really.

1986 GMC Jimmy 6" springs 3" body, 38/15.5/15 Swampers, 14-bolt FF rear, Dana 60 front, 1991 front-end.

4. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

I can't help with the safety issue- but I have a 3" in mine, along with the 4" skyjacker.

I do wonder though- WHY do the lift manufactures state for instance, on our rancho instructoins "not to be used with any body lift" and then on the body lift instructions it says "not to be used with any suspension lift"...... I'm not concerned with safety- mine stays on the road... but for serious wheelers, I wonder if it really is "unsafe"..

anyone know the truth?
    Brandy

LOVING the new Duramax!!!

5. rocko

rocko 1/2 ton status

Go with the 1-inch body lift from ORD.. Then get the additional inch from ORD's Zero rate 1-inch springs. ..
    There's your 2 inches and probably a hell of alot safer.
    Just my .02 cents..

I haven't failed, I've found 10,000 ways that don't work. www.rocko.rockcrawler.com

6. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=purple> It's just to cover their butts ! So some loser that can't wipe his own ass doesn't turn around and sue them for some idiotic thing he did while using their products.

L8r,
    . Riz . <a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/rizmonkey>www.geocities.com/rizmonkey</a>

<font color=purple> monkeys steal my underwear at night

7. BLUESMAN

BLUESMAN 1/2 ton status

Phoenix(but it\'s a dry heat...like an oven!)AZ.

Whack the fenders!!!I have a 4" susp. lift running 38's.With going 2 more inches your gravity is really getting up there combined with your already 8" lift.Man, I don't see how you guys run those huge lifts.BTW, I'm not putting you nor your truck down!There is an old saying(maybe outdated) "for every inch you go up,you need to go out 1"(wider).I'd WHACK" them fenders!!!