Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Opinion question...(girls/ religion) **update at bottom**

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 79k20350, Dec 12, 2006.

1. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

So with the recent rash of relationship advise going around I figured that I'd ask for some:rolleyes::p: Its more of a religion (DARE I GO THERE:eek1:) issue then "OMG does she like me?!"

Her background: Her father is SUPER religous. Her more is alot more mellow and understanding. The family is baptist (father is born again...Think crazy guy that hands out the tracts)and very active in the church. She has 14 brothers and sisters, including herself:eek1: All private school, blah, blah, blah.

She works at the local grocery store. I know her older sister & brother very well as I used to work with them. They are very good people and im not sure how much they all buy into the "this is what i belive, you should too" deal.

Their dad is not particulary fond of me being around any of them because I don't have the same views as he does. If he really knew he'd prolly never let them around me. He thinks that I believe in god, but i dont repent for my sins and am not active in church. He doesn't know that im still lost in the world of religion/ faith and I honestly don't belive in a higher being.

I know many of her brothers and sisters have broken away from their fathers clutches and they actually turn out pretty normal.

My concerns are not being accepted by her family, or even more likely not being allowed to see her. As it is I only see her when I go to the store, which lately has become more often for random items:rolleyes:. Today I happened to catch her on her break and we were able to talk for a while which was pretty cool. I am definetly interested and it seems she is too.

I know I should go talk to her but I never really get the chance. I'll defiently have to make more of an effort to talk to her alone at some point.

The problem im having with it all is that its ****in religion. I am not religous but I do consider myself a good person. I work hard, am honest and try to do whats right to the best of my ability. Do I slip up? Of course. I always try to face my mistakes head on though and learn. (Notice the better punctuation/ grammar/ spelling:rolleyes::p:) Its just frustrating to know that I am worthy to date her but may not be able to:mad:

So after all that, what do you guys think? Do you think people with such differant views could make it work? Even if we could, do you think its possible for her family to accpet me (mainly her father) If it doesnt happen its not a huge deal but I just dont want to give up on something good because of something so stupid...

Btw Tom, I know you are very religous, what do you think? Id really like to hear your opinion.

So guys... lay it on me:crazy:

Last edited: Jan 2, 2007
  2. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

Btw i have no pic and at the moment no means to get any. I will say this though, i dont kow if it cause they are religous or what but EVERY on of those kids looks like a freakin model... No lie, they are freakin beautiful people...Maybe I should pray for myself... Any help couldnt hurt:crazy:

3. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

Tell her if you put it in her butt she'll still be a virgin.:D

JK. If her Dad liking you is a prerequisite for her liking you, and his acceptance depends on you sharing exactly the same views as him, then run like hell. If it turned serious you'd be fighting it for the rest of your life, or until the Debil makes you divorce her. If you think you have a chance, ask her out and see what she thinks. Maybe she doesn't see things the same way he does.

4. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

I like the first idea...:haha:

Its not nessecarily prerequisite for dating her or her liking me but its more of a if i ever want to see her type deal... She still lives at home so if he says she cant go out she cant, i know he would too.

5. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

guess I forgot about the age thing, how old is she? Depending on the answer I may immediately retract my initial suggestion of anal exporation.

6. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

Shes 17, legal age in ct is 16. This definetly isnt a sex thing. I was abstinent for a long time and sex isnt a huge deal to me... Dont get me wrong, i love it:D Im just not the type to move on cause im not getting any

7. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

Im suprised T-Bone hasnt responded yet:rolleyes::haha:

8. Russell

Russell LB7 Tahoe Status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

The bible mentions that Christians should only date Christians -- If her father is a real purist, and sticks to the bible like stink on my shoes, you probally don't stand much chance :(

9. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

Yeah thats kinda what im afraid of. I hope he can at least give me a chance. I dont see him often but i should prolly approach him though. I doubght he'll reconize the fact that im trying to face him like a man and be honest and see it more as some hooligan trying to take out his daughter. Then im sure hed hand me a tract, tell me to follow jesus's words perfectly, hand me a tract and walk away:rolleyes:

10. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

First of all, if every guy waited for a girl's father to like him or "approve" of a relationship with his daughter, the world would be full of single men.........:rotfl:

However, there are a couple of big barriers that you're going to have to overcome in order for this to ever work. First of all, there's the issue of HER level of faith and your lack thereof. There's a good chance that, once she finds out the truth about your feelings about religion and higher powers, she won't want anything to do with you. Your low opinion of her father is also problematic. No matter how right you are about him, your disdain for the man will ALWAYS get in the way- she's her father, after all, and blood is thicker than water.

I honestly can't see this ever working out unless you are willing to change a few things about yourself, and I strongly recommend you don't. If she ends up forsaking her family for you, she's gonna regret it in the long run.

Anyhow, that's my take on things.

11. 76zimmer

76zimmer Flyin Rat Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Nothing wrong with getting to know her, but I would respect her father. You may have a girl someday, then you'll understand. Its kinda hard to explain. But it seems like the older kids get the smarter their parents become.

12. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

blood may be thicker than water, but baby batter is thicker than both of em combined. :thinking:

13. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

Thanks can! its always good to hear your words of wisdom your almost always right...lol.

I think the best thing i can do is talk with her. I would never ask her to abadon her faith as i would never expect her to ask me to change mine.

That being said i am pretty sure she know my views on things (like i said, i know her bros/ sisters. It defiently makes for some good conversations and healthy debates on the subjects, which are quite fun/ deep.

As for her father, i dont dislike him He is a nice man, i am just annoyed at how it is all playing out. I would never ask her to give up her father either.

I guess all i can do is wait and she, and talk to her of course.

14. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

You need to sit down with dad and tell him you're Mormon:D

15. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

The CanMan is wise. I would tend to agree.

16. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

I would definetly show him respect, thats not a problem. I can also understand the fact that anyone would be protective (and over protective at that, i dont want to have a girl cause i couldnt imagine the way id feel when a boy came to pick her up:crazy:)

Im just afraid that even if i talk to him and presnt my case that just because i dont have the same beliefs ill be crusified...:o

17. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

Oh yeah... thatd work:rolleyes::p:

18. 88sub4x4

88sub4x4 1/2 ton status

I thought it already was :thinking:

Anyway, I'd say keep talking to her and see where it leads. Maybe if you spend time with her, and her siblings that you know, her father may get to know you better and see that you are a good person, and hopefully accept that although you may have different religous views, you can still be good. Than maybe he would let you take her out.

Then if all else fails, remember, there are plenty of fish in the sea. Eventually others will come along, and you and her can still be friends.

19. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

I think thats about all i can do...

20. 76zimmer

76zimmer Flyin Rat Premium Member GMOTM Winner

If he's a man of God's faith, and even though not agreeing with your belief, he should listen to you. Why don't you believe there is a God?