Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

opinions..8" springs all around. or 8" in front with 4" and flip?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jakkedjimmy, Jul 24, 2006.

1. jakkedjimmy

jakkedjimmy Registered Member

Basically what the title is asking. I have heard from a few chevy off roaders around here to stop being cheap and buy the 8" springs all around...with the proper steering corrections of course. However i think i have heard that the flip is better for flex? What do you think? Lots of axle wrap with flip? not as strong? stiffer ride with 8" springs?

2. Citizen Rider

Citizen Rider 1/2 ton status

id do 8" springs in front and DIY4x shackle flip with 4" springs. Better flex, better ride as 8" springs can be stiff, i dont have axle wrap and havent heard of many having axle wrap unless they have lots of power or super soft springs.

3. NoReGrEtS

NoReGrEtS 1/2 ton status

why 8in. I went 6in. but should have went 4in. better flex not as rough of a ride most of the time on drive shaft mods. just cut the fenders for bigger tires. that just my .02 on an 8in. lift

4. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I run 6" front springs with a D60 and the rear i have an ORD shackle flip with 4" springs and it sits pretty nice. If you go with 8" rear springs it will ride much harsher than a 4" shackle flip and 4" springs.

5. blazinzuk

blazinzuk Buzzbox voodoo Premium Member GMOTM Winner

4" springs and a shackle flip it will ride nicer flex more and help correct the pinion angle