Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

opinions/experience with BFG all terrains, 33" (true height?)

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by monster man, Nov 14, 2005.

1. monster man

monster man 1/2 ton status

I'm looking for a tire that is no smaller than 32", and no larger than 33"
    I know that's a small window of sizes, but based on my engine/trans/gearing, and desire to not have to climb into my truck that's what I'm looking for. I have decided on BFG's for their reputation as long wearing (after my crappy two inch smaller than advertised Schwab tires are going bald after only 15,000 miles!), now it's between the mud and all terrain.

I measured some 35" all terrains in a parking lot and they only came out at 33.75", so I need to know if the all terrains don't go smaller than 32".

hopefully I can get a consensus from at least three people that can confirm they are over 32", thanks :D

2. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

My 33x12.50 BFG A/T's measure 31.25"

3. mechted

mechted 1 ton status Premium Member

4. roadnotca

roadnotca 3/4 ton status

Bfg

I just went through Soda Lake/S. Mojave, greasy mud up to the hubs, BFGTAKO clawed at the mud, all the while dragging the diff's. They work, not loud at 80 MPH. LT235/85R16, 31 tall, on a Burb. I use 35# on asphalt, 18# offroad. Works in sand too. :wink1:

5. MT wheeler

MT wheeler 1/2 ton status

I ran 33in Mud Terrains on my daily driver for 2yrs and a friend of mine ran 33in all terrains on his daily driver. Both measured out fairly close to accurate and both were EXCELLENT tires for multi purpose. The A/T's work well on packed snow and ice and the mud terrains due very well in powder and loose snow. Either way you won't go wrong.

6. lrazer

lrazer 1/2 ton status

look into kelly sarari MSR's, cheaper than bfg's and better traction on and offroad

7. crawlink5

crawlink5 1/2 ton status

I like the BFG MTs better than the ATs. On the Blazer the ATs are hydroplaning god awful. Wet road is good, puddles are bad. I don't recall the MTs being that bad.

8. mini_mull

mini_mull 1/2 ton status

I've had BFG ATs on 4 vehicles, and loved em everytime. Driven them on street, rock, gravel, snow, ice, riverbeds, dirt, whoopdydoos, and mud. The only place they lack a little is mud, but that should be obvious by looking at them. I think they're the best all around choice for a DD/weekend warrior. When the tires on my burb get thin, I'll be buying another set. BTW, added bonus, every vehicle we've put them on has handled better and had better road manners with them, even when they replaced new stock street tires.

Had to add, 3 out of four times they've been 33x12.50s (couldn't fit 33" on a stock tahoe, IFS lift too much $$). IMO, nothing looks better on a mild wheeler.

9. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

My 33" BFG's AT's measured out to 32.9".

10. roadnotca

roadnotca 3/4 ton status

All the sizes are at BFG site.