Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Opinions for Planned Install

Discussion in 'Audio' started by Qubit, Apr 4, 2002.

1. Qubit

Qubit Registered Member

Now that I've ripped out all my carpets, side panelling, etc out of my `86 K5 Blazer, I plan on installing a stereo system. I listen to mostly heavy rock music (ac/dc, tool, etc), so I"m lookin' for a system that'll really crank with good solid low-end.

I don't really plan on carry any passengers in the back (back seat is out), so I'm thinking of the following setup:

Component speakers in Q-form kick panels (tweeter + 6.5)

2 10" subs in separate stand-alone boxes.
    the amps necessary to power the above.

Is this enough? Should I place some mid-bass cones somewhere? I'm thinking that maybe I can add them later after I install the above system. Where would be a good spot to mount them? I wouldn't be able to get them in the doors because I have power windows/locks (there isn't enough space).

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I highly recomened some good midranges. In your app, I'd build some angled box's for them and mount them on top of the sub box. That's my idea anyways.

3. AntAZBlaz

AntAZBlaz 1/2 ton status

Hey
    I mounted two 10’s and 6 ½’s you can see the pictures if you take a look at my thread. My 10’s sound good in a smaller enclosure and it is very loud inside. One of the best things that you can do is use dynamat type material to seal up your truck. The other thing that played a role in my system sounding so good was having a powerful amplifier. I have more power in my amplifier they what I need so I never have to worry about stressing my system.
    If you want any more info let me know.
    Anthony