Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

opinions needed from the audio guru's

Discussion in 'Audio' started by Jonny-K5, Jul 16, 2003.

1. Jonny-K5

Jonny-K5 1/2 ton status

May 27, 2003

ok, couple questions mixed in here.
    1st one.. BOSS amps.. has anyone heard of them? i got a chaos 3000w class D mono amp thats 1 ohm stable. i think it was a little under 300.couple yrs ago. i know its not top of the line. but hopefully its better than the pyramid junk. worthless? so so? whatcha think?
    2nd .. ive got 2 audiobahn 1205 layin around. they are 2ohm DVC. i can either run them at 2 ohm or 8 ohm total load ( so says the wirewizard from rockford website). what would be better? any pro's or con's? should i even bother hooking them up to the boss amp? im going to build custom boxes for the subs and dont wanna waste my time.
    3rd.. does anyone has the specs for these subs? or know where i can get em. i lost the install books that came with them. i think they are the 99' or 00' model. old style.
  2. RingMaster4x4

RingMaster4x4 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Mar 4, 2001
    Re: opinions needed from the audio guru\'s

I my get stoned but I have and do use Boss amps and I have had good luck with them. They my not have the cleanest signal ,but if you have a good speaker you should not have any problems.