Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

opinions of holley pro-jection wanted

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by K1Orion, Apr 1, 2003.

1. K1Orion

K1Orion 1/2 ton status

I found a holley 4D pro-jection setup at a swap meet this weekend for $400. is this a deal or what? It was the 4D system which has the knobs for tuning, no fancy puters to deal with. It had a 900cfm throttle body and was complete according to the seller. I considered this setup for my truck when i was driving it everyday, but as a toy, I couldn't justify the expense. Would this be a wise choice for my truck? Are those of you with pro-jection happy with your setup? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

2. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

mine is doing a great job...sitting in a box...

3. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

I've had the 2D system and I am currently running the 4Di system. They rock. Makes a carburator look like a joke. The 4Di is a bit of a pain to set up due to having to use a laptop to set up the fuel map though you wouldnt have that problem. On my old 2D system I used to reach down and make adjustments on the fly. It just became too small for my new engine. Its nice not to have to deal with a flooding carb from angles or bouncing on the trail. Gained a lot of bottom end too.

4. ntsqd

ntsqd 1/2 ton status

From a close friend's experience with Pro-Jection, how do you turn one of these /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif upside down ?
    His 2d will NOT tune to run at sea level. No matter what. Runs OK at 4k feet and higher.
    Fuel pumps are an on-going problem. Post mortem inspection shows no gunk, dirt, or whatever, they just quit.
    With what is known about GM stock TBI, I don't see any reason to not go with it. If you want TBI tunability, try the Megasquirt computer.

5. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

Sounds like the fuel pressure is turned up too high. Its adjustable on the TBI unit.

Dont know about the fuel pump. You can use all kinds of fuel pumps with this system. Even the GM in tank unit. I've never had a fuel pump fail.

6. ntsqd

ntsqd 1/2 ton status

He uses the pump Holley sells for the system. It's on an LC powered by a 416 ci SBC. A GM in-tank isn't an option w/o lots of work. I'll ask him if he's checked the pressure and what it was.