Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Opinions of new interior color

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by rampage, Aug 29, 2001.

1. rampage

rampage 1/2 ton status

I'm finishing up the color change of my Jimmy and I'm already considering a new interior to complete the new look. The outside is a dark blue. Currently the inside is a medium blue but I would like a different color, preferably something that won't show the dirt too much but still looks nice and goes with the outside. Black is on the top of the list right now, but I think that will show too much dirt. Anyone have an idea what color would look nice? This will be the color of the carpet and door panels only.

2. bigblue

bigblue 1/2 ton status

once you go black you never go back.

Surfing is Life...

3. blackdog

blackdog Registered Member

<font color=black>Though it's my favorite color, a black carpet is HELL to keep clean. I'm about to do my interior (my truck is black), and I'm going to do the headliner, door panels and rear panels, and dash in black and the seats and carpet in some kind of beige. Beige is surprisingly easy to keep clean (if you're not talking a lot of mud) and I've got a fawn color Great Dane, and that's a lot of hair to clean off of a color that doesn't match her. Even without the dog, I'm not into the amount of cleaning a dark carpet requires.

<font color=black> "Where did all these people come from, and how soon can they leave..."
    -OLD 97's</font color=black>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.k5.batcave.net>www.k5.batcave.net</a>

4. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

How about a nice charcoal gray? My Lightning was black with charcoal interior, and it was really easy to keep clean.

If the shoe fits, get another one just like it
    <a target="_blank" href=http://pugsley.alloffroad.com>pugsley.alloffroad.com</a>

5. DuneRunner

DuneRunner 1/2 ton status

TAN Go Tan. I have a white K5 and the factory Tan carpet is still killer nice.You don't have to worrry about dirt or mud Just Vac and the occational(sp?) shampoo. paint the top Tan while your at it. It'll look GREAT!:)
    Whom I kiden Do it what ever color that suits your fancy.
    The trick that I have found is get some scrap carpet new hopefully and cut to fit where the most foot and dog traffic is and then all you have to do is throw it away when it gets to bad and put a new peace in.

KEN

PS turn off BOLD.......to hard to read...:)

DANGIT it's not a bronco!

6. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=purple> I'm going to change mine to tan as well .......... I can't wait !

L8r,
    . Riz . <a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/rizmonkey>www.geocities.com/rizmonkey</a>

<font color=purple> BOW CHICKA BOW WOW !

7. rocko

rocko 1/2 ton status

Did I hear Tan?
    I have some tan interior pieces for sale.. [​IMG].
    Contact me if interested..

I haven't failed, I've found 10,000 ways that don't work. www.rocko.rockcrawler.com

8. BowtieBlazer

BowtieBlazer 1/2 ton status

go light grey...looks smooth and easy to maintain

1985 GMC C-10 Shortbed
    1984 Chevy K-5 Blazer
    1982 Chevy C-10 Longbed