Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

opinions on 38x12.50 TSL

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Bhintz, Dec 13, 2004.

1. Bhintz

Bhintz 1/2 ton status

like title said says can get a good deal on them but how do they perform offroad

2. DPI

DPI 1/2 ton status

They seem to perform good. I have the 13x38x16 bias ply and they are about as agressive as you can get. Mine are mounted on 16x10 wheels...

[​IMG]

3. 79Beast

79Beast 1/2 ton status

You can't go wrong with a Super Swamper TSL. It's a classic and it will do whatever you want it to do. That said, I would go for the wider sizes. If I had a choice, I would run the 38.5x14.5 TSL/SX on a 10" wide wheel. If you run 12.5" wide tires, I'd use a 8 or 8.5" wide wheel.

4. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

i ran them before i got my iroks and they do awesome off road:D

5. 6.2Blazer

6.2Blazer 1/2 ton status

There are 3 of us in our club that run the 13/38-16 TSL's (basically the same size as the 38x12.50-15's). They really seem to work well here in the Midwest where we have lot's of slick and muddy hillclimbs and will run circles around the 35" MT/R's I had previously.

Another advantage to these skinnier tires is that they seem to balance okay and ride/handle decent on the streets. All three of us could cruise comfortably at 70 mph on the highway with no vibration issues.

6. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

If the price is right run them, they are good tires. I would eventually like to run that exact tire or a 37" MTR. Depends on how much street driving my truck will see when I get around to that point.

Harley