Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

opinions on 97-99 Tahoe's

Discussion in '1992-Present Chevy & GMC models' started by chevyfumes, Feb 6, 2002.

1. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Feb 24, 2000
    opinions on 97-99 Tahoe\'s

lookin' to buy one and was wondering if anyone had some advise/ opinions on them maybe what to lookout for or not get screwed on, how about lift options or atleast bigger rubber. We're looking at a wife rig (instead of her lame Chrapsler) and an all around family mover, we want the SLT, leather the whole bit , BLA BLA BLA. Any opinions would be welcome.... I think. [​IMG]

<font color=blue> I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy!
  2. eman

eman Registered Member

Jan 9, 2002

Look for the leak of red/green coolant on the passenger side of the motor: 3-400usd out of pocket and they ALL do it. Check the tranny fluid and change history, otherwise 1800 out of pocket. Look at the inside of the rear drum brakes for the first oval adjustment hole being open or covered with a rubber plug (shows the PO know something about maintenance). They are OK trucks if they have been maintained. You can run 265 no sweat. Lots of suspension choices.