Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Opinions on a new coat and hat.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Jagged, Feb 13, 2007.

1. Jagged

Jagged 1 ton status

I've been wanting a new coat and hat for a while. I've got a leather jacket, which is my standard go-to jacket for cool weather. I have a "barn coat", which I had a few years before the leather jacket, which sees occaisonal duty in place of the leather jacket. I also have a parka for cold weather (like right now).

I'm looking for a good full-length coat, for wet weather primarily. I was thinking of either a trench coat, or a duster (drover). I'm leaning more toward the duster because they seem more breatheable than the trench coats I've seen. I know a duster is primarily for riding, but if it's maneuverable enough for riding, it's still good for regular wear.

Now, onto the hat. I like to think of myself as a "hat guy". I used to wear ballcaps all the time. I've since stopped wearing them because for some reason, I can't wear them comfortably any more. After a couple deployments, I've become a big fan of boonie hats, namely for the 360-degree brim. I haven't found any full-brim hats yet that don't look like they came off the wal-mart clearance rack. I've also considered a more stiff leather hat, but I've never worn one before (aside from trying some on), so I've got no clue about which styles are what. I want a hat that can keep the sun off my face and neck and keep rain away from my head.

Thoughts/Suggestions anyone?

2. Confedneck79K30

Confedneck79K30 3/4 ton status

barn coat/rain slicker and a ball cap with an umbrella built into the top...

or just the umbrella
    [​IMG]

or when you visit canmore...

[​IMG]

hows that?

btw you could move to florida, all you'd need is a windbreaker and an umbrella, or umbrella hat

3. Jagged

Jagged 1 ton status

I know about you floridians and windbreakers. A friend of mine got stationed here in KS the same time I did. He was from FL, and only had a windbreaker to his name. Man, was he suffering during the ice storm :)