Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Opinions on Bestop softtop/

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by k5kev, Jan 18, 2003.

1. k5kev

k5kev Registered Member

I'm looking to get a softop for for my 72 K5 soon and have read a lot of the mixed reviews here on the STC tops. Anybody running a Bestop? How are they? I like the look of the roll up sides and rear. Thanks.

2. Rasberry

Rasberry 1/2 ton status

I don't have one but I was leaning that way too. I like that style top.

3. Tuff

Tuff Registered Member

I left my tuck outside for 6 months while I was in Afgahnistan. The Bestop soft top didn't sag or hold water like I thought it would. I had a J$$P and that soft top held water everytime it rained. You have the same problems on all the soft tops. i.e. gaps between the side windows. If you have any specific questions let me know.

4. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

My STC tops been fine. The only thing I dont like about it is the single thread. I might have to strenghten it up.

5. wfo163

wfo163 1/2 ton status

I ran a bestop not on a k5 but on a 94 samurai and loved it. the stock one was loose and shook and flapped while going down the highway. The bestop fit tight which made it extremely quite (only road noise no noise from the top) and it had the wonderful double stiching and plastic that still hasnt discolored or cracked.

6. homemadesin

homemadesin 1/2 ton status

k5kev: where are you planning to get the frame from? BesTop only does replacemtn tops, right.....

7. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

I have a bestop. I have had it for over a year and now have it half way installed /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif.

8. Tuff

Tuff Registered Member

I got the frame and top with my Bestop. I believe I got it from JC Whitney about 2 years ago.

9. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

I have had one on for a year now and I have basically no complaints. A couple of things that are annoying are rolling up the sides, the bottom is longer than the top so you have to fold the corner in before you roll it up. No big deal, just a pain. And if you roll the windowns and they get moisture trapped in the roll the windows will get hazy. They have to sit in the sun for a couple of days before the haze comes out.