Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

opinions on cut out flares..

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by k5 krawler 50, Apr 1, 2004.

1. k5 krawler 50

k5 krawler 50 1/2 ton status

I was wondering who runs cut out flares and likes them. I was thinking about them but dont know if i really want them, would it look retarded with only a 5 or 6 inch lift and 35x14.5 tires? if any one has pictures that would be great too. thanks

2. highrider_44s

highrider_44s 1/2 ton status

I was thinking of putting them on my self i also be interested in the info also how much extra space you get with the /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

3. willyswanter

willyswanter 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

They break really easy, mine are all beat up and cracked. They do serve there purpose of keeping the cops away though so I can't complain.

4. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

for street rigs they are fine... dont see much point in a wheelin rig, they are just gonna get damaged. They ain't cheap either. Bad combo in the world of off-roadin', easily broken + expensive.

j

5. dhdescender

dhdescender 1/2 ton status

Qualicum Beach, British Columbia, Canada - Eh.
    We've had good luck on my friends rig with flares From Freightliner, they're meant for dumptrucks, sold by the foot, 3" wide, and have a groove you shove the fender in an pin it down. I think it was about $25 a wheel to get it done. So about $17 american? Super durable, its rubber so not matter how hard to rash it, it just bends right back into place. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

6. DwarF

DwarF 1/2 ton status

While I really appriciate the info, a url to the freightliners would be MUCH appriciated

7. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

sounds like a good idea for keeping a rig with wide tires street legal... /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

j