Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

opinions on fair price for a bunch of 73-80 sheetmetal and some 8 lug wheels tires ?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by R72K5, Aug 5, 2005.

1. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

i need opinions from everyone

the guy i am buying the '80 C-20 pickup from on tuesday has a whole crap load of sheetmetal he was going to put on the truck

he has good doors, a hood, fenders, and a tailgate, and some other stuff i think,
    and a set of nice stock GM ralley 8 lug 16" wheels and rings(probably later model years ones) with nice stock size highway tires with tons of tread on them, the truck is wearing old painted factory 16.5" junk right now,

what would be fair in your opinion, for all of it, packaged deal ? so i can offer him, he says its 1,000 dollars of stuff(but he isnt intending to sell it all for that much though)

but im thinking up to 300 tops, in which i wouldnt give most likely

and to be truthful i think all id really want are the wheels and tires anyways lol.

id probably give him 100 for those, if i could coax him into selling them separately,

what do you think- what would you do/say/try ?

thanks

2. big94gmc

big94gmc 1/2 ton status

There's alot of value to the stuff you mention, if they're in as good a condition as you say. Honestly, I'd be comfortable with $400 for all that.... If you want, start out at $300, but be happy if you can get it all for about $400.

3. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Second that. A front clip will cost you 300.00 from the scrap yard. Add doors at 50 a piece. Add the rims and figure 400-500. Then haggle off a hundred and you get 400.

My .02

4. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

hum, i guess ill check it all out, but i think my goal is to snag up the wheels and tires alone, but ya never know hehe

thanks for replies and any further responses :D