Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Opinions on Fuel Injection setups

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Thumper, Oct 10, 2001.

1. Thumper

Thumper 1/2 ton status

I was just contemplating my carb on my way home from work. I havent looked into $$ yet for some of these like Holley Projection or sumthin, but how do they compare with the price of a new Edelbrock Quadrajet carb?? How do they work? Any good/ bad comments?
    Thanks

Mike

<font color=blue>Thumper
    85 Fullsize Jimmy
    [​IMG]
    <font color=red>Aint Skeered!! </font color=red>

2. Sparky

Sparky 1/2 ton status

San Antonio(summer) Texas A and M (school year)
    easily twice as much as any edelbrock q-jet. The Holley projection from what I've seen is on the lower end of the spectrum in terms of price for the retrofit kits. Its just the throttle body, some sensors and the computer. I think it runs around 1200. I think the edlebrock system is around 1800, but they both depend on how big and how bad you want your fuel injection to be. Those are just ball park numbers. As far as performance.. fuel injection cant be beat on a daily driver truck. Easy starts in the coldest weather, performs better on angles, much better fuel economy, etc.

Sparky

When all else fails... Check the blinker fluid.
    78 K-5

3. schneggie

schneggie 1/2 ton status

I just installed the Holy Projection on my blazer. The cost was around 750.00 to my door. That is for the 2 barrel model which works great for my 350 that is built.

4. Thumper

Thumper 1/2 ton status

Ouch... thats a little more than I thought. Might just have to go with the carb. What is the 1902 like? Is it manual choke? Anyone have any regrets from buying it? Does it perform as well as everyone says?
    Thanks for the info

Mike

<font color=blue>Thumper
    85 Fullsize Jimmy
    [​IMG]
    <font color=red>Aint Skeered!! </font color=red>