Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Opinions on gear pattern

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Shaggy, Sep 16, 2002.

1. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> I got the 5.13s and ARB installed in teh 60 over the weekend and had toime to pull one initial pattern on the gears. I wanted to get some opinions on which way those of you that set their own gears think I need to go. This pattern was run with a pretty wide backlash, .012", that needs to be closer to 7 or 8, but it should have little effect on the pattern. It looks to me like I need to take some shim out of the pinion to move it a bit farther away from the ring. Sorry for the shotty quality of the pics... Opinions? /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

[​IMG]

[​IMG] </font color>

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

all i see are 2 little red x's

3. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Links are fixed, and here's the actual pages where the pics are -
    Drive side
    </font color> Coast side

4. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

You'll have to either upload to the members gallery or hotlink the pic's. Webshots pop-ups mess up the image feature in posts.

Make sure you log out of the 'editing' mode and view the pic's in the public mode before linking them. I got "forbidden" when i tried the url's

Rene

5. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

man, those 2 pics you can barely see.

6. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Drive side looks good...I can't really tell on the coast side.

Rene

7. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

Like tRusty said...the drive side looks good, but the coast side looks like it might be bit close to the heel of the gear tooth. I have the yukon gear installation manual/intructions that I got from Randy's ring and Pinion welbsite. You really should download that...It helped me alot when I did my 12 bolt. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

8. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Thanks guys. Joe, I did download that manual, along with about 4 others that I found. Between the 5 of them I think I have it figured out, I just wanted to run it by some people that have donw this before. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif The drive side actually doesn't look right, it's just that the pictures are pretty crappy so it's hard to tell. Oh well, sorry for the somewhat useless post... Thanks again!</font color>