Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

opinions on glocks

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by iwaxmyjimmy, Jan 25, 2007.

1. iwaxmyjimmy

iwaxmyjimmy College web wheeler Premium Member

whatcha got and how do u like it? i was lookin at the 10mm glock 20

2. Jagged

Jagged 1 ton status

I've put a few hundred rounds through a 23 (.40) that my local range has.

I think they're great for reliability, piss poor aesthetics.

Edit:

Why 10mm? Ammo is kind of hard to come by.

3. CDA 455

CDA 455 3/4 ton status

I don't like the feel of their grip.

And I found out a long time ago in regards to ammo: Ammo is like engines; the more common cal. (9mm, 45cal., etc) are less expensive and plentiful.

4. iwaxmyjimmy

Just saw it as the big daddy. I'm not big on guns by no means. I know the 10mm is 200 grain,1200fps, the size of a .40 cal., and it packs a hell of a punch. Also the swat teams use it so i assume it is hella good. This fall im starting basic law-enforcement class and I am shopping around for a hand gun. I'm only 19 so it will be 2 more years before I can own one.

5. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Go for a 12 gauge with an 18" barrel, it'll make your weekends a whole lot better. Not only can you have fun blowing stuff up with it, but it doubles for smoking the wacky tabaccky..........................

6. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Wait a freaking second........................................

I missed this post.

1. 10mm is not all the common anymore and just which SWAT teams use it? I would imagine if you researched the issue a little further, you would find the majority of teams would be carrying pistols that are issued by their agency and there's not many agencies that have 10mm. I can't think of one off the top of my head.........................................

2. After that abortion of a thread you started a few days ago, now you're saying you are starting some basic LE class?????????????????????????

You need to grow the **** up a little bit before you try to enter my profession. Supertroopers may be pretty damn funny, but that's not reality...................

7. Jagged

Jagged 1 ton status

git 'em bubba!

The "big daddy" begins with a 4 and ends in 5.

I'm going to assume "basic law enforcement" means ADJ classes at community college.

8. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

One of my coworkers teaches at the local college. We were talking about it one night and expressed interest in having us show up and give talks. I'm not that good of a public speaker, so I offered to break out my video collection. He won't allow me to show my collection to his students...................:haha:

9. iwaxmyjimmy

I'm gettin all my partying out now, and I've havent smoked pot since that day, it was the first time in 2 months. I will not smoke dope while being in college gettin my associates degree in BLE (starting at a community college and transfering to ECU), or as a officer. After the other night I just don't see the fun in it anymore. That thread was really just a to start a debate. I know everyone has there different views on that issue. I'm not sure where i read that at but it would make more since to save money and go with a .45 ACP, for govt. issue anyway.

10. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

If you are looking at a Glock (Block), I would say look at the Springfield XD. Surpip has one, and it is NICE compared to the Glock, and it also won the NRA Handgun of the year. .40 or .45 is the way to go, as opposed to 10mm.

John

Last edited: Jan 25, 2007
  11. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

Glocks suck........for me. They are a fine gun that go bang everytime, they just don't fit my hand at all, honestly I wish they did because I would own one in a heartbeat if I could shoot it comfortably.

10MM is a big mistake IMO though. Hard to get now and just getting harder.

12. CDA 455

CDA 455 3/4 ton status

Excellent point.

13. koldsimer

koldsimer 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

As far as guns go, I don't like the way glocks feel. There are lots of things that just don't feel right and how a gun feels is extrememly important. Like Jagged said, most ranges have glocks you can try out to see how you like them.

Congrats on your decision to pussue a career in law enforcement. I think it's great that you are smart enough to realize that tokin' the ganja isn't worth a lifelong career that you enjoy. Keep in mind that the sooner you completely quit, the better. Upon graduation, maybe you could look into small agencies located in southern Oklahoma. I've heard the IA dept. keeps pretty busy investigating incidents of "sheep abuse" in that part of the country. Sounds fun, eh?

14. chevyin

chevyin 1/2 ton status

Glock makes a reliable weapon.

Go with .40SW over 10mm or .45 (imo).

15. longbedder

longbedder 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I have a 10mm and love the hell out of it. It is accurate, has a flat trajectory and incredible energy. I like .45ACP also, but my 10 is my favorite. I don't like .40S&W much, and hate the 9mm. Buy ammo in bulk online or reload using the same bullet as the .40S&W. Once you get a brass collection, you are set.

I push a 180gr bullet at about 1300fps. My weapon is an EAA Witness (fullsize). The Glocks always go bang, but I don't like how they feel in my hand. The earlier models were better, the current ones suck.

16. Jagged

Jagged 1 ton status

Why does everyone always have to go semi-auto?

There's nothing sexier than a wheelgun in some nice leather. FWIW I have a 7-shot .357. Same number of rounds in a traditional single-stack 1911 and plenty of firepower. :D

IMG_0940r.jpg

IMG_0941r.jpg

17. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

That is pretty sexy!

18. iwaxmyjimmy

I'd like to shoot a S&W 1006 10mm, but they dont make them anymore.

19. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Some pop up occasionally . Surf the S+W forums . And I know dies are available , so you can recycle your brass .

20. longbedder

longbedder 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Apparently I'm the only one that likes 10mm, but I'd strongly suggest you look into a Witness. They make them in full size, compact, and a polymer-frame carry version all chambered in 10mm. Their prices are attractive. They are made in Italy by Tanfoglio, and follow the proven CZ-75 design.

www.eaacorp.com

Mine has proven extremely accurate and reliable. The ergonomics are great as well.

The only people that will tell you not to buy a 10mm haven't owned one.