Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

opinions on lift setup

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by big_truxx, Jan 12, 2005.

1. big_truxx

big_truxx 1/2 ton status

I would like enough lift to be able to run 35" or 36" by 14" to 15" wide tires. I would really like to go with the ord 4" shackle flip and 4" spring in the front. I am curious what the best way to get the tires under there would be from there. or any other opinions. I would like to get it to flex some also. I was thinking maybe that since the k5's were always sitting lower in the rear that maybe only 1" was necessary in the front and 2" in the rear. Anyone agree there? If so I could go with maybe an ord 1" body and 1" zero rates in the rear. How good are the zero rates anyway? Or would I be better off to just get a 2" or 3" body lift with the 4" of suspension? Thanks for your input. :waytogo:

2. original balzer

original balzer 1/2 ton status

just a few opptions for more tire clearance

of course a suspention lift 2-12"
    body lift 1-3"
    cut the fenders (as much as you dare go)
    replace fenders with fiberglass desert raceing fenders (not sure on actual measuments but it gives quite a bit more room for tires)
    bushwacker cutout flairs (add aprox 3.5-4" to the bottom of the fenders)
    thoughts on rear squat mine sits level with a add-a-leaf and 3" blocks (4"rancho lift came that way) also i have seen guys use small blocks or add a leafs on the rear to level it but when the top comes off you get the opposite effect
    hope this helps

willow

3. JIMMY76

JIMMY76 1/2 ton status

I Have A 4" Suspesion springs and blocks And 3"body All Superlift I'm Running 15/35/15 Tsl's On 15x10 Rims No Rubbing And No Cutting

4. big_truxx

big_truxx 1/2 ton status

I used to have an 81 with 6 total inches of lift. rear was block and front was 4" spring w/ 2" block... :screwy: bought it that way and had to sell before I could do anything to it. That was running 15x35x15 swampers no prob. I am looking into shackle flips and possibly adding 52" springs to the front. That may give me most of what I need. Then maybe a set of ord zero rates per axle and an ord 1" body lift would put me at around the right hight w/o fender whacking I am thinking :thinking: