Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Opinions on Mickey Thompson tires

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by morphed86k10, Aug 20, 2001.

1. morphed86k10

morphed86k10 1/2 ton status

I'm thinking of the Baja Claws or the Baja Belted, because of the larger width they are available in. I'm looking for some tires that are about 35ish and fairly wide (more than 12.5) for sand.

Anyone use these tires or have opinions of tires of similar size? Any details would be great!

2. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

I would go with the baja belteds over the claws.

<font color=red>It's not what you drive, but what drives you</font color=red>( Or is it what you work on,lol)
    <font color=orange> 1955 willy's on a 1977 blazer chassis </font color=orange>

3. JoeAngelicchio

JoeAngelicchio 1/2 ton status

I've got the 17.5/35-15's on my K5. Currently on 10" wide rims (tight) but will get 15 x 12 Eatons next spring. Won't run them in the winter. Overall, the ride is nice, noticeable hum on the road and mine aren't even balanced and they don't wobble or vibrate at hwy speeds. The only thing that SUCKS is that they love ruts on the road and they WILL TAKE YOU IN THAT DIRECTION, SO HOLD ON. Now I'm sure part of that reason is also worn steering componets but these tires will magnify any problems you may have already. I'm sure it'll be alot better once I replace the gearbox and pump and other parts that need changing. For sand they would be a great tire as for the footprint would keep you on top, main reason I plan on keeping them.
    Next set may be the 15/39's instead because I'd rather have the height then the extreme width that these tires have.

<font color=green>Joe Angelicchio
    <a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/jangelicchio>http://community.webshots.com/user/jangelicchio</a>

Lisle, Ontario, CANADA</font color=green>

4. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

I've never run the Claws......I've had several pairs of the Baja's.....I ran 33x14.5x15 HP's on my K-5.....a freind had 35x17.5x15 Baja's.......like someone said already they will find every rut in the road and off road too....

C'moe

<font color=black>the blazer is "Back in Black"