Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

opinions on possible new trailer

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by slimlynn1, Jun 12, 2003.

1. slimlynn1

slimlynn1 1/2 ton status

Im looking at a new trailer for the K-5, what do you think? The guy wants $800 which includes the trailer and an 85 s-10 Blazer with blown engine. The Blazer will get the original runnig gear from the K-5 which includes the 350 engine 700R4 NP208 and the axles. This will become a mud drag/bog truck. Body is in great shape with little or no rust. Add roll cage and go boggin. Here are some pictures of the trailer.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Don

Don 1/2 ton status

Sound's like an O.K. deal to Me! What's the Golf Cart for, Recovery Vehicle? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

3. slimlynn1

slimlynn1 1/2 ton status

He's selling that too. He's also selling a 1969 Plymouth GTX with a built 440 and a Holley 950 projection 4DI on it for 12,500.

4. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

sounds good to me

5. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

Good deal, but I dont see any brakes! I dont see the surge brakes, nor electric brake away kit, which is usually on there if its not a surge type. MAybe Im just not looking hard enough. If it doesnt come with brakes (it looks like it used to be used as an industrial hauler of some sort, mini bobcat or something), which means it was probably pulled along by some 1 or 2 ton truck, and didnt get any extra braking. I'd highly recommend retrofitting brakes

6. slimlynn1

slimlynn1 1/2 ton status

Ya it has only one braking axle and hasn't been used since he got it 7 years ago. I am going to pass on the trailer but might buy the S-10 for $300 or so.