Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Opinions on Power Traxx No slip?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Big89Burban, Jan 30, 2006.

1. Big89Burban

Big89Burban 1/2 ton status

Hey guy I wanna upgrade my dana 60 (rear) and I dont wanna weld it cause it sees the street too much. Anybody have one of these lockers that just replace the spider gears? What did you think about it?

Any Reccomendations?

2. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

i like mine, it worked fine for a long time, then the rear quit working, so i contacted customer service and eplained in a detailed email my problem, and when i had installed it and that i had no reciept but it was within warranty and such. but the short and seeminnly rude reply was "You must have copy of receipt. Warranty is for 2 years for manufactures defects." nothing friendly at all, i was a bit upset, so i dont think i'd but another one myself i'd go detroit. Heres a video of me finding out what was wrong with mine and fixing it.
    http://media.putfile.com/Fixing-my-rear-locker

3. Big89Burban

Big89Burban 1/2 ton status

well. I called randy's ring and pinion and talked to them. The dont carry the no slip. Just the lock right. Seems that the no slip is too much of a PITA to install. I dont know...

My only concern is that the lock right is gonna be too crazy to drive on road (noise and clunking etc) anyone with exp. on the lock right? Is it bad on the street/corners etc?

thanks

4. roadnotca

roadnotca 3/4 ton status

I can only speak for Corp. 10b but I have the LockRite in FR and the NoSlip in the Rear, 3.42 ratio, 31" BFGs and I just yanked the old 350 w two pots @ 50 psi. Thats a year of DD with ~500 miles of FR axle engaged. They both work great, the rear does its stuff on the street which is actually fun. The FR does make it's noises and jerks; sometimes I wonder should I stop and check?
    Going to TDS in early March, we'll see what the boost in HP & lbs./ft. does (new motor).
    Now BranndonC may need axles from Strip Mining trucks.:haha:

5. goldwing2000

goldwing2000 Guest