Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Opinions on Rancho RS9000X shocks or other suggestions

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Yukon Jack, Sep 22, 2003.

1. Yukon Jack

Yukon Jack 1/2 ton status

I currently have 4" Tuff Country HD front springs with modified zero-rate type blocks on my 69 K20. I'm presently using Tuff Country SX8000's. The front end of the truck can get pretty bouncy. I'm in the process of making changes which include replacing the 307 with a 454 and I have ordered new 6" Tuff Country front springs to get rid of the front zero-rate type blocks.

I'm interested in a shock that might help control the bounce a bit better and I figure now is a good time to change out the Tuff Country's front shocks.

Any opinions on the Rancho RS9000X's or suggestions of other shocks to consider somewhere in that price range (about $85 per shock)?

2. slider

slider 1/2 ton status

Dude I sure like mine, I tow a heavy travel trailer and can adjust them so the ride is not so choppy but also can readjust them for when the truck is unloaded. I had the same gas shocks you have and a four inch T.C. lift on my truck but these RS 9000 put the gas shocks to shame on how good they ride. My front end was also kinda soft but the shocks firmed it up.

3. ntsqd

ntsqd 1/2 ton status

Bilsteins.
    ~$70/each at Autozone.

4. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Bilsteins.
    ~$50/each at Autozone.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fixed it for you!

5. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Bilsteins.
    ~$50/each at Autozone.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fixed it for you!

[/ QUOTE ]

Try again..................
    [ QUOTE ]
    BILSTEIN
    AUXILIARY SHOCK B46-1026 LLT $89.99 Store Special Order Add to Store List Web Special Order Buy Online *PRICED INDIVIDUALLY* BILSTEIN
    HEAVY DUTY RIDE B46-0923 LLT $59.99

BILSTEIN HEAVY DUTY RIDE B46-0933 LLT $69.99

[/ QUOTE ]

Is your $50 price your employee discount? /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

6. dammit32

dammit32 1/2 ton status

post a linky

7. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

No, they usually run either 49.99 or 59.99 for most applications. Problem is that I don't have a damn paper catalog for them to get super long ones.

That's alright, I've got my gabrials, $20 before my discount and they seem to be working pretty well.

8. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    No, they usually run either 49.99 or 59.99 for most applications. Problem is that I don't have a damn paper catalog for them to get super long ones.

That's alright, I've got my gabrials, $20 before my discount and they seem to be working pretty well.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is my price if I was to go to the only Autozone store here in town, up on the Norte side of town. Bad info is bad gojo....... /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif Thing is that most places I've ever checked, those prices are about the same /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif So how are ya getting them for $50? /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif