Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Opinions on UTI

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by BowtieRed, Jan 21, 2004.

1. BowtieRed

BowtieRed 1/2 ton status Author

Going to visit the Nascar Tech version sometime soon and just wonderedif anyone has any experiece or opinions about UTI. My plan is to do some sort of dealership program, then get my two years in and then get my master's certification. I like NTI because of the chassic fab courses and high performance engine building. later on i'd love to start/work at a 4x4/custom shop and the chassis fab would be a great trait with 4links and the suspension theory classes wouldn't hurt. What do ya'll think? Only one person I've heard from has bad things to say [cough]tim[cough]

2. bowtiepower00

bowtiepower00 1/2 ton status

U/NTI may be a good (and expensive) way to learn some basics, but isn't going to get you a job anywhere. I know several UTI students, and most of 'em are idiots who think that they are earning a magic degree that will give them the job of their dreams. If you work hard and do well it may open a couple of doors in the world of wrenching, but the only way to truly learn the ins and outs is on the job experience. You can more than likely take similar classes for a lot less money at a Community College.