Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

opinions on .......

Discussion in 'Audio' started by fr8train, Nov 5, 2000.

1. fr8train

fr8train 1/2 ton status

Anyone use Blaupunkt cd recievers? I am looking at getting the Heildelberg or Alaska II. Or just sticking with newer Sony ES units. Does anyone have their speakers in "speaker cups" to protect them from the elements? Do any of you do moderate to hard wheeling with your gear in still in the truck?

2. Adrock

Adrock 1/2 ton status

Blaupunkt is alright. But i really like the sony ES recievers, espesially the new ones, the cdx600, cdx650, cdx750, they are the ones that have the active matrix black panel display when they are closed, and when you open it the top folds down so it slanted with a 2nd radio face. i'll try to post a pic. my friend has one of these and it is great. if i didnt already have my clarion unit, i would have bought one of the in an instant. its also pretty cool because when the sun is behind you shining on the radio, most units will glare and you cant see the text and stuff, but with this one it stays as clear as if it was night. hope this helps. heres a link, i hope...
    http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/S-gXXUEaP3dIo/ProdView.asp?s=0&c=3&g=300&I=158CDXM650&o=M&a=0

Adam
    a.k.a. Adrock
    88 Chevy Blazer FI 383
    Aint nothin' like the sound of Chevy Thunder

3. DBLAZER

DBLAZER 1/2 ton status

I sell neither but if you wanted my two cents I would have to say stay away from the BLUAjunk and stick with your Sony.

[​IMG]
    http://dblazer.coloradok5.com

4. fr8train

fr8train 1/2 ton status

Thanks guys, I liked the Blau casue of the Blue displays. Looks like I am sticking with my ES gear. DBLAZER do you go off-road with your K5? I was asking about the plastic speaker cups that Cutchfield offers. Are these worth the $$$ for some protection?

5. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

I wouldn't worry about those covers. That is, IF you have good polypropelyne or rubber or non-paper coned speakers. I had some Boston Acoustics 5.25's in a Jeep once. They were there for 2 years with the top off most of the time. Rain was always on them, mud and Skoal and they sounded just as good when I sold the Jeep.

'73 K5
    Chevy good...Ford bad