Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Opinions Please

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Quackaddict, Jul 12, 2006.

1. Quackaddict

Quackaddict 1/2 ton status

This is not me being a newb it is decision time. I am ordering my lift tonight. Yes I am going ebay gotta go with what I can afford. I picked up some 3/4 ton axles and 36" Hummve beadlocks. I am not asking can I fit this I am saying which will be better.

4" or 6" lift. There is about $100 difference in price, I am concerned about the 6" requiring extra modifications. If the 4" is plenty and will get the job done I will go that route if I really need to go with the 6" I will fork out the cash.

Just let me know

2. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

if going in k5 6" will 95% need drive shafts for sure. 4" be safer bet if money tight.

3. Quackaddict

Quackaddict 1/2 ton status

gonna take my chances with the 6" I just really don't want to trim, my panels are in such good shape and it still has all the trim and everything. I appreciate the opinion though I was thinking like you but just said screw it.:o

4. 78Suburban

78Suburban 1/2 ton status

I would go with 4".

I assume that the beadlocks have been recentered, or you're running dually width axles? Otherwise tehy won't clear with their massive 7" backspacing.