Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Opinions Wanted!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bunker, Feb 25, 2004.

1. bunker

bunker Registered Member

I'm about to purchase a suburban and just wanted to see if anyone had a preference between a 91 or a 94. They are both about the same price but the 94 has 160,000 miles and the 91 has 117,000.

I'm really leaning toward the 91 cause I love the way the front end looks and it still has the pumpkin in the front. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Even though it is 3 years older.

Anybody know any pros and cons between the two? It will be a family getaway for the weekend truck.
    /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

2. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

3. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

What do you plan on doing with it?

4. 81jimmyslt

81jimmyslt 1/2 ton status

If you plan on wheeling it get the 91' it has lower miles and no IFS /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

5. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Kind of a dumb question but I will pick the '91 any day.

I personally do not like the '88 to '94 IFS trucks because of the fugly square dashes. The '95 marked the beginning of the more rounder dashes and they look better from there on up. I had a '95 Z71 a few years back and miss it today. Saw a lot of pre-'95 dashes and those are butt f---ing ugly. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

6. dhcomp

dhcomp 3/4 ton status Premium Member

Are they 1/2 or 3/4 ton. I'd opt for the 91, because i love the older style, and they are a lot cheaper to modify for wheeling. What you are planning to do with it and if they are 1/2 or 3/4 ton though will make a big difference.

7. bunker

bunker Registered Member

I appreciate the input. The truck will be used mainly for trips to the mountains and to the lake. It won't be lifted or anything. I was just wanting to know if there was a big difference with the independant front suspension and the solid axle and I just love those four little headlights in the grill. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

8. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]
    I personally do not like the '88 to '94 IFS trucks because of the fugly square dashes. The '95 marked the beginning of the more rounder dashes and they look better from there on up. I had a '95 Z71 a few years back and miss it today. Saw a lot of pre-'95 dashes and those are butt f---ing ugly. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]Amen to that one! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

9. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

Yeah, independent front suspension has a better ride quality i think.

10. fatboy

fatboy 1/2 ton status

In my opion, If computer were to make us work less why do we work so hard at them? Yes its old but I still dont get it /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

11. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Not only do I agree with wes, if you're going to get yourself an IFS truck, you might as well have a Vortec one. If you're getting a TBI one you're not benefitting in the powertrain department at all and you have all those moving parts with the IFS. Just better off with the straight axle truck if you're going to get the same 8:1 215 hp motor in either of them....

12. SUBFAN

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

How often do we have to say it?

TBI trucks have better than 9:1 compression, you just can't tell it from the drivers seat. /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

13. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Yep, had to go look it up myself, the TBI 350 trucks had something like 9.3:1 compression. (more than likely not due to better heads, just the addition of a knock sensor)

14. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

91 has SFA !!!! 94 has IFS, and IFS just plain blows IMHO. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif