Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

opions wanted on mud gears

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by chillywilly, Apr 6, 2003.

1. chillywilly

chillywilly Registered Member

Ok Ill try not to confuse anyone. lol I have an 84 /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif with 38x11 boggers and 3.73 gears,I only do mudruns norm is upto 4ft deep.I use to run 35x16 boggers,keeping t-case in low and trans in first.Most rpm ever seen was 5000,tryin to keep rpm under 6000. Now Ijust happen to have a 14bff/d44 outback with 4.56s!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Should I or shouldnt I swap em in and ditch my 12b/d44 3.73s?

2. BamBamblazer

BamBamblazer 1/2 ton status

In my opinion what you should do is ship me your 14ff w/4:56's and i will ship you my 14ff w/ 3:73's and we will both be in business!! This probobly wont help you much but hey it never hurts to try. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

3. BigBurban350

BigBurban350 1/2 ton status

Yes I would definatly switch. Not only will you get more torque to those 38s but it'll save your drivetrain too. /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

4. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

I would run the 14ff. I don't think the rear you have is gonna last long with the 38's anyways. change it before you blow the other up!!

5. chillywilly

Lmao Ill get right on that bambam!!! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

6. chillywilly

Anyone seen these skinny boggers in action? Still waitin for the snow to melt to try them out.Im hopin the skinny width will offset the short wide ones and use the same power to spin em.