Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Opperation LUV recovery...

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by MEPR, May 11, 2003.

1. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

Was a complete failure. Comming off of highway 82 onto highway 395 in Pasco WA, i rolled. I was towing the 1978 LUV that i got for free whith my 1980 LUV. Well that intergange is a nasty one and i hit it going about 30mph (normally would have been good) but the 78LUV (i was flat towing it) pushed hard and sent the tail end of my 80 around. The truck my dad and i was in (the 80) just pitched over and landed on the driver side and slid for about 20' up the ramp. The 78 came completly free and must have gone air borne as it only has roof damage to the passanger side. It then continued onto its wheels. My dad and i are both ok although i did bruse my left forearm a bit. Heres th icing on the cake, the State troopers gave me a $133 ticket for "driving too fast for the conditions", i understand this is thier job, but i realy think its just adding insult to injury.
    But some good did come out of it, we got my 80luv back on all fours and i drove it home (about 150miles).

2. UNCLE CRACKER

UNCLE CRACKER 1/2 ton status

ouch. well atleast no one was hurt.

3. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

Re: Operation LUV recovery...

glad to hear your both ok /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

At least the 2 of you are ok /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

6. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

Re: Operation LUV recovery...

ouch /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

7. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

Did you make it home with the parts truck still? The pic below didnt work for me. Glad you are alright though. Flat towing can be interesting but best done with a larger truck up in front. Sounded like you and your dad were well prepared for it though...

8. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

I'm glad you are both alright. And I know you'll have the Luv back and straightened out soon.

Now I just wish I'd have made you attend Mud Days instead and then you could have used my car trailer this next weekend.

Just let me know if you need the trailer or my tow bar to use to get the other Luv home.

9. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

no the other luv is in a wrecking yard in Pasco, my dad is going to ge get it this weekend. The 80 luv is still good ill just need the driver side fender and door from the 78 and it will be looking good again. Another bad part about this is im missing work and school becouse all the muscles in my chest and back are tense and sore.