Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

opps..somebody screwed up and it wasn't me :-)

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by fortcollinsram, Jun 7, 2004.

1. fortcollinsram

fortcollinsram 1/2 ton status

opps..somebody screwed up and it wasn\'t me :-)

Well I bought all my x-over stuff from ORD and I took the 1.5" .375-wall tie-rod the x-over drag link and my Crane Diff cover to the local powder coating place to get coated... I picked em up and was like, awesome...they look great. Got home and tried to put the ends in the tie-rod and draglink and the numb-nutz at the coating place had powder coated the threads on the RH thread side of the draglink. the the other 3 ends went in pretty well... So I was gonna take it back and bitch at him and make him find a 7/8-18 thread tap to clean em up...Instead I started looking for a 7/8-18 thread tap both LH and RH thread to make my own draglinks and tie-rods for friends and stuff...Well I found a RH tap on e-bay and bought it...only $6.00 plus like $5 shipping...so $11. I got it today and the dude sent my the LH thread tap that the cheapest I have found runs like $80. I called him and he said keep it and asked me if I still wanted a 7/8-18 RH tap and I said for the same price sure...So $22 and I got both LH and RH thread 7/8-18 taps /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

Chris

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

Re: opps..somebody screwed up and it wasn\'t me :-)

sweet /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. Nonesuch

Nonesuch 1/2 ton status

PM me that guys address adn phone number /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif That is a steal!

4. RATAH

RATAH 1/2 ton status

Yea hook us all up,
    with that info