Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

opps!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by hoserr, Oct 20, 2001.

1. hoserr

hoserr Registered Member

hi Everybody,
    I jus' came back from Moody Canyon. myself an a Jeepster cammando went out. the problem is, i ended up on my side in a ravine. he pulled me out, but when the orange thing landed back on it's wheels it flew up the hill into his Jeep. well on top of his jeep. it missed the hood, grill, bumper an landed in his windshield, my rear bumper that is. well i'm trying to figure out if i should claim it on my insurance or pay out outta my pocket. what's the opionn out there.

uh, think it'll fit?

2. SAVAGE1

SAVAGE1 1/2 ton status

Dude where are the pics... I wanna see a Blazer humping a Jeep!!

Rod
    Alameda, CA
    85 K5 6"ProComp 35"Boggers 14Bolt/ Dana44 4.10's
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/K5Jungle>http://coloradok5.com/gallery/K5Jungle</a>

3. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I'd say pay it out of pocket if you have the money and it's not a lot, otherwise, claim it.

Tim
    '84 Chevy K10, lifted, loud, fast, and 3/4 ton axles

4. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

Can you say "canceled"? If possible you should avoid reporting it. At best, your rates will jump way up. At worst, they may cancel you. Then, just try to get a decent rate on insurance after being canceled by one! If your not at least 25 and married, you don't even want to hear what it will cost. Especially if the "truth" about the accident is known.

"Err, yes mister adjuster sir, you see, we were out in this canyon, thrashing our rides on washes, waterfalls, and boulders when I caught a bad line and mine rolled over on its side. Nothin' major, just paint and sheet metal damage. Glad I had a roll cage, well, that's what I put it there for. Anyway, then, my bud hooks his winch to me to pull me back up right, without first making sure he had room or that he could safely accomplish this, and my truck sort of bounced up on top of his hood and took out his windshield." (Meanwhile the adjuster is standing there looking at you with a look of blank incomprehension).

Just my opinion but, I would say think very carefully before you ask your insurance to pay for anything on a 4WD unless you are rear-ended.

Bad Dog

85 K30 CUCV, 350 TBI, TH400, 205, D60/C14, 4.56 Locked
    Some day: 4" lift, 44" tires, massive cutting, shorter wb and rear overhang.

5. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

It sounds so much funnier when you tell it...[​IMG] And I agree 100%. Insurance is just gonna love you...NOT!!![​IMG]

I would ask yer buddy to pay for half the damage himself, seeing as he was the person winchin you and should have done so with a bit more forethought. In yer buddies shoes I would think that was fair. I guess it really depends on how it went, who was making the decisions and how good a buddy he is.

Rene

<font color=green>Dyslexics of the world...UNTIE!</font color=green>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/project_T2> tRusty pics...</a>