Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Optima

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by Hossbaby50, Nov 26, 2002.

1. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Who has the best prices in town? I want to get an Optima Red top or possibly yellow top. Any recommendations? Red vs. Yellow. Do I really need a yellow top? or is a red top just fine? I don't have alot of offroad lights, huge stereo, or winch (yet). I am also moving to Colorado, so I am also concerned with cold cranking amps, and if it will hold up to the cold. Thanks

Harley

2. Moose

Moose 1/2 ton status

Hossbaby5o hey go see my father in-law at SunValley Battery he has Optimas for $99.00

3. Hossbaby50

Sweet. The lowest I have found so far (haven't looked alot yet) is Four Wheel Parts at $119.99. Thanks for the heads up on the battery.

Harley

4. 87GMCJimmy

87GMCJimmy 1/2 ton status

Costco also had the red tops for 99 bucks. If you don't have a membership we could meet up and get it. The gel batteries have a much higher CCA then the normal plates b/c of lower internal resistance.

Mike

5. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

It Damon (or rather his father) can get us the same thing at the same price, I would much rather fund the small guy (especially if related to friends on this site) than big retail...

6. Hossbaby50

Yep I agree with you. I will support the little guy. I appreciate the offer though Mike. Thanks for the heads up.

Harley

7. Moose

Moose 1/2 ton status

Hey Guys I can get you that price on Optimas Dual or single post. Baddog thanks for the words. His # is 623-582-6547 or he is at 22010 n 23rd ave. Thats just north of Deervalley on 23rd ave.

8. Hossbaby50

Kick Arse. I needed a top and side post and was wondering if you could get either for that price. I am planning on going and getting one as soon as I get my rear shock relocation kit from 55 Willy. I need the lower mounts welded in and I am going to set up an appointment when the show up. (hopefully very soon) That way I can kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

Do we have to get the battery threw you or can we just tell them Damon sent us? Thanks

Harley

9. Moose

Moose 1/2 ton status

Either way. We I can get you one