Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Options on front seats?

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by LKJR, Nov 26, 2003.

1. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

Ok ordered my por 15 this week to take care of the minor spots in the back. Then I'm pulling the interior and the cage to take the truck to get bedliner sprayed in the tub. While it's out I wanna do something with the front seats (pretty much shredded) Talked to a guy local I've talked to a lot and he says $100 each in labor + materials. Says there are some cloths out that look kinda like vinal and are more weather resistant.

so looking at around $300 to get them both done.

any opinions or other options? I've got the utility seats if that matters.

2. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

I was in a similar boat ... shredded front seats. quotes were way too high for my non-existant budget. so, I went to the local u-pull-it and grabbed some high-back buckets out of a 93 chrysler mini-van. they are in near perfect shape (very very minor wear on the driver seat bottom) took them home, fabbed a bracket for them out of scrap steel and viola... brand new, real comfy seats with an arm rest and a rear-seat oh-[darn] handle for a grand total of $15.00 per seat. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. earl87gta

earl87gta 1/2 ton status

Same here but I used a 2000 and they have a lockable compartment under the passenger seat. I then had them redone to look like the origanal seats.
    Earl

4. TONYP

TONYP 1/2 ton status

you can see alittle of my seats that replaced the stock ones, these will lay all the way down and I picked them up for $20.00...

[​IMG]

5. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

what are those out of?

6. clubba68

clubba68 1/2 ton status

I saw Ryan's (Topdown) and followed his advice over the summer and went out and picked up a pair out of a Geo Somethingoranother. Surprisingly they are really nice, high backed, recline, and nice bolster and lumbar support. Very happy with the $30 I spent. I have more into steel and hardware I think, but then again I am not a master fabricator like some and I'm sure that I use more material than is necessary. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
    -Andrew /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

7. TONYP

TONYP 1/2 ton status

I have no ideal what they came out of...so I'll say a 89 vett.. he,he, /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. Robin

Robin 1/2 ton status

Hey, anyone want to ship me a set of trashed front bucket seats (I just need the frames). I'm thinking of modifying them to fold flat and use them as back seats.

I know it's cheaper to get something out of something else, but I like the low-backs.

9. k2-k5

k2-k5 1/2 ton status

If you guys still have your trashed seats laying around. I might be able to take them off your hands /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

10. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

Carrols...Hwy 75/sherman....christmas. Do it. I got my set that was in the black K5 for $40, they were stored inside, already pulled, and out of late model, low mileage vehicles.