Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Options options.

Discussion in 'Audio' started by laketex, Oct 24, 2000.

1. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

Just a very low buck cheap way for me to add tunes. I have a sony head unit, tape deck, no rca's I don't think. It's just been bought for 5 bucks and I'm really not too sure--it's in transit UPS. I have 2 6x9s in 6x9 boxes, 2 6x9's in my soon to be half doors, 2 truck boxes with 10" junk subs, and an ESX12". That's what I currently have in my possession. I was planning on running the 6x9s in the doors with the 6x9s in boxes screwed to the wall just behind the rear seats. But I'm not gonna be happy unless I have bass. What's my best option for mounting that 12" in a truck that is topless and sees lots of rain, mud, and mall parking lots? And can ya run an amp without rca's? What to do, what to do...

Bryan

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Durant, Ok
    '79 Blaze- 350/350/203, 14B w/detroit, D44, 4.11s, 4" susp, 36" TSL

2. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

As long as you can get a cheapie amp to push the 12's, no way the stock deck will do it justice. I used to keep my 12's in a box that I built to fit behind the drivers/passenger seat for when the top was off and it rocked. It was shallow enough (had it built so the speakers "fired up") to allow the rear seat to fold and tumble too. Just had to make the box off measurements I took. Not the true audiophile way to encase 12's, but it worked fine for me. What I have contemplated doing is putting a set of 8's or 10's in a small box under my Flofits - there is plenty of room for a basic box inside the Flofit frame..........and having them firing straight up, you might feel the bass good. And yes, you can run an amp without RCA plugs, used to be the only way before the progress to RCA's.

<font color=black>'79 - 406 TPI -<font color=orange> K5#5 - <font color=blue>See it at---&gt;http://www.blazzinor.coloradok5.com

3. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

My buddy Mike had a 12" sub in his green car (loudest car in the world) for his sound Q setup for a while. It was in his passenger seat and that thing was perfect! It think it'd really be a good idea. My problem is that after so long dealing with high end stuff, I don't know how to just throw a podunk system together....

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Durant, Ok
    '79 Blaze- 350/350/203, 14B w/detroit, D44, 4.11s, 4" susp, 36" TSL