Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Options Sheet/Build Sheet

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Hossbaby50, Apr 3, 2002.

1. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Anyone ever find the factory build sheet in there truck? I am talking about the actual sheet they used during assembly, that they checked everything off on during the assembly process. Just wondering. I found mine under my carpet, when I installed my new carpet last summer. I ripped up the old carpet and the sheet was laying on the floor. It looks like it has had quarts of dirty tranny fluid dumped on it, and is pretty messed up from all the years under the carpet, but I have it which is kinda cool.

2. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

I've found it on two of my vehicles - a 77 F250 and a 63 C10 (well, what was left of it on the 63/forums/images/icons/smile.gif) still got both of them somewhere - pasted in photo album pages.

3. DesertDueler

DesertDueler 1/2 ton status

I use to have it for the Jimmy, along with the original window sticker and all. The guy before us kept everything. The truck was fully loaded at the time will any and all options available. My Jimmy stickerd out at 24,000 dollars. But all that stuff got stolen when the truck got stolen about 5 years ago. At least I got the truck back in one piece.

4. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I have the options sheet on the inside of my glovebox door.
    I should take a picture of it.
    I know someone around here with a first gen took a pic of their option sheet inside the glovebox.

5. Hossbaby50

I have the options sheet in the glovebox too, but I am talking about the piece of paper where the GM employees checked off what was supposed to go into the truck as it went down the assembly line.

6. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

mkay.. i thought thats what you were talking about...
    but i saw "options sheet" in the title, and I was like "what thats rare if you still have it in your glovebox!?" lol
    That would be too cool to find the original buildsheet.

7. Hossbaby50

I was stoked to find that sheet. My mom was like get that dirty nasty thing off my counter. She even tried to through it away. It was pretty sweet, it has the codes for tan interior, and all the other things that were to be installed at the factory.

8. DesertDueler

DesertDueler 1/2 ton status

Yea, I found all the markings on my Suburban, when I pulled the door panels off, and the code for my truck is 666. Its everywhere, on the frame, doorpanels, under the carpet, under the dash. I wonder what they meant about that?

9. K5DRAGER

K5DRAGER 1/2 ton status

I bought my 90 from the original owner and it had the window sticker and the factory build sheets in the glovebox. Mine is like a small book. Its pretty cool.

10. 82GMC

82GMC 1/2 ton status

I feel So sad/forums/images/icons/frown.gif. I just ripped out the interior of my truck the other day, And I diden't find it/forums/images/icons/frown.gif. I'm pretty sure no one else has found it over the years. Because my day bought the truck new, And I know he never looked for it, Or found it by mistake ether. I do have the window sticker, And the code page around somewhere though/forums/images/icons/smile.gif.

11. Hossbaby50

I think that those numbers should have been on your Jimmy. After all it did try and send you on a perminent vacation. Or maybe it is trying to send you a message. LOL

Maybe it is saying you need to drive down the Highway to Hell. After all it isn't that far away. Cruise it down Route 666 in eastern AZ and see what happens.