Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Options?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by conoverbandit, Nov 5, 2003.

1. conoverbandit

conoverbandit 1/2 ton status

Hey Y'all,

THis is the blazer I picked up in Jacksonville, It's 89, still has 350(tbi), dual batt. set up, and coolers from heck.I'm not sure what all these went to but there there,
    It does'nt have tranny/t-case, I have 10 bolts sitting under it right now, from what I understand it had 1 ton axles, and was a pretty cool rig.It's also been rhino lined from bunper to bumnper, and fenders been trimmed. I'm looking at options for this thing, I'm not sure weather to fix it up or take the "goodies" (including the rad.support) and put on my K-10,I hope this pic works, if not got to members rides and look up conoverbandit and it's there. I guess what I'm asking is.............What would you do with it???? I'm not much on cut out fenders and such,heck I might would even trade this thing if I could find a body that had'nt been cut out.No rust in this one, and the rhino lining, since this pic was took I have tried to strip that messs off it with out much luck, I've spent 2 evenings on this and only got part of the rear quarter clean(down to the metal) maybe I should just fix it back and camo paint job over the lining??? Help me out here guys-gals, at this point I'm considering just parting it and go on, but if I could make a good looking rig out of it then I might "add it to the family" If anyone's got a blazer they'd like to trade fer this one it don't have to run (Lol) Let me know what ya think.Thanks,

[image]http://coloradok5.com/photos/showphoto.php?photo=8495&password=&sort=7&thecat=998[/image]

[image]http://coloradok5.com/photos/showphoto.php?photo=8509&password=&sort=7&size=medium&thecat=998[/image]

2. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

The pics /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

wait... why are you trying to take the rhino lining off? that stuff kicks azz for an exterior!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

j

4. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

yeah...did you pick this up planning to scrape it all off and have a normal paint job put on it?? GOOD LUCK /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    If I were you, I'd sell it/trade it for body like you want.
    Wait...isnt that Joels old Blazer...aka..the General??
    I'd slap a drivetrain under it and wheel it! Thats what that blazer was designed/built for/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. gotmud77

gotmud77 1/2 ton status

Wheel it at least you wont have a rust problem

6. conoverbandit

Yup,
    You guessed it, I did get it from a fella named joel.
    So he called it the General?hmmm, yea I did try to get that junk off, but I think it wooped me /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif I guess I'll put it back on there since I seem to not have any luck getting it off.Thanks for fixing the pic's, I can never seem to get them to post up /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif I just think it's going to look corny once I get the rear shackles back on it, and it setting "upright" with those little bitty wheels......oh well more space to stuff them in I guess.

7. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

Yeah, that was his username on here 'theGeneral'. that rig was BADASS!!! He did just about EVERYTHING you could do to a rig to that thing. He's in the Marines and I guess didnt have time to actual use the Blazer...no one wanted to pay for the whole set up, so he parted it...guess you got what was left /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif Sucks to see the after pics that you have now, compared to what it once was. I was lookin for pics, but I guess the ones he had in 'members gallery' are all deleted. I'm sure someone has a pic of that beast!
    You gonna build it back up?

8. CaveBlazin

CaveBlazin 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I remember when the old girl was alive and man that thing was a bad mama jama. Especially when he had the big ole 39's on it WOOOOW! Wish I had a pic of the before and after. I hope you fix it up and hook it up real nice should'nt cost all that much to find what you need to run it again. Good luck
    SPence

9. conoverbandit

You know it's funny,
    The wife's actually on me about this to fix it up lol.
    But now I'm not sure how to put the lining stuff back on where I scraped it off. I'm thinking about.......CAMO! not sure how it'd look though, oh well it's been cut out, modified,rhinop lined, and everything else, it could'nt possibly look any worse than it does now /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif.Looking for 1-ton stuff for it, it's the only way it will ever look semi right, but probly never find it.She'd have to roll on those axles that you gave me SPence.He he, my neghibor just came down from up the street, and complemented me on the k-4 and the k-10 /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

But now I'm not sure how to put the lining stuff back on where I scraped it off.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's paint, you can't just put it back on. It would be like pushing a rope. Or trying to put toothpaste back in the tube. You have to go have it reapplied. Are you sure it's Rhino, or is it Herculiner or something? Rhino lining a whole truck costs bank, on the order of $2k IIRC.

11. conoverbandit

I just know it's some kind of "bed liner" that is covering this thing, I got it all off from the rear part of the fenderwell to the tailgate. Ya think the sprayon type would fill it back in?I could tell it had 2 seporate coats of the stuff,one layer peeled off then the other.I'm hoping I can just get the spray on or roll on type and slap it back on my self.........otherwise it's going to have a metal spot on it /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif